All-Star Future Of Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think routine standards will keep getting harder and harder. Ten years ago it was all straight ups. Then full ups. Then one and a half ups are standard to be competitive, and the best are doing double ups. Same progressions have occurred with baskets, tumbling, and pyramids. Standards are constantly raised.

Interesting question and I agree with some of the above posts.
I believe The Summit has an opportunity to grow and year to year it may attract more and more teams. Like most new things it will take some time to work out the bugs.
I absolutely agree that routine standards and expectations will continue to get harder. I have had this discussion with some of the other people from our gym over the last year or so. It seems like every year you see the new routines and it's like teams have said" You thought last year was amazing, wait till you see this". The thing that worries me is the potential for more serious injuries because of the difficulty.
The big name gyms will mostly remain but I feel like some other gyms are on the verge of breaking through and will challenge some of the big name gyms.
I hope that Cheer is not adversely changed by one organization (Varsity) controlling things. I would like to see some diversity regarding who runs the competitions and I believe that will happen.
Lastly, I am not sure where things are headed with USASF but I certainly hope they focus more on fixing the real issues (like a more suitable Worlds venue that everyone can enjoy) rather than worrying about what athletes are wearing outside the arena.

My fear us that the sport will be different, but for the wrong reasons. I fear that some catastrophic event will result in significant changes in safety guidelines. It is an inherently dangerous sport, but I don't feel that the industry has been proactive enough in addressing the real issues.

I wonder if STUNT will progressively take over or if All-stars will evolve to incorporate some aspects of STUNT like compulsory aspects in certain divisions.

I HOPE that the grassroots organizations like ASGA will continue to grow there will be a bit of a power shift from Varsity and the EPs to the gym owners.

I wonder if STUNT will progressively take over or if All-stars will evolve to incorporate some aspects of STUNT like compulsory aspects in certain divisions.
I think in a few years stunt will definitely thrive even more in the college cheerleading world. I think it would be cool to see it in an all star competition too.

I don't necessarily think that required elements would be a bad thing--if anything, it'd weed out teams who shouldn't be at that level. Figure skating has a list of required elements for short programs, and it works fine. A list of required elements for level 5 small senior all girl could be:
-3 kick double basket tosses
-5 arabesque double downs
-30% running tumbling to double
-18 standing tucks

etc.

Everyone knows which gyms are the most famous. Like cheer extreme, ace, and cali allstars, they have already started expanding to different states. I think most smaller gyms will go out of business eventually in the future.

I don't necessarily think that required elements would be a bad thing--if anything, it'd weed out teams who shouldn't be at that level. Figure skating has a list of required elements for short programs, and it works fine. A list of required elements for level 5 small senior all girl could be:
-3 kick double basket tosses
-5 arabesque double downs
-30% running tumbling to double
-18 standing tucks

etc.
There goes the bottom half of small senior at worlds. 6 doubles? Half the teams have less than 3 LOL

Back