All-Star Ga Vs. Rays - Again

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The parents don't help either. Long before I ever read any of the garbage Jamie spews, I stayed in the same hotel with GA at a comp. Those parents (not all, but way more than I would have expected) were the rudest people I've ever been around. I actually watched one mom come from behind and shove my CP as my CP was reaching for the last bagel at the breakfast buffet. The mom then grabbed the bagel and sneered at CP. That capped off the weekend from hell in the hotel with them.
On the other hand, in Dallas I was in the elevator with a GA couple and they seemed so polite! We made conversation and she told me her son was on the SMC team and me and my mom couldn't help but think how lovely they were! I know you said not all the parents are nasty, but in reality no matter where you go, you'll always have 'those parents' who just seem like they want nothing more than to make you feel bad.

As for Jamie and his tweets? No excuses.

I'm just curious as to how many people actually would choose a gym that would help you place on a college cheer team vs. a gym that would get you a worlds ring...

But it's not one or the other. Top all star athletes winning worlds rings probably have a great shot at being placed on the top college teams.

Also...college placement is nowhere near the same as college scholarship. My "scholarship" for college cheer basically covered my books. I'll take a worlds ring.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

On the other hand, in Dallas I was in the elevator with a GA couple and they seemed so polite! We made conversation and she told me her son was on the SMC team and me and my mom couldn't help but think how lovely they were! I know you said not all the parents are nasty, but in reality no matter where you go, you'll always have 'those parents' who just seem like they want nothing more than to make you feel bad.

As for Jamie and his tweets? No excuses.

We have run into numerous athletes and parents from GA over the past couple of years. They have always been nothing but nice. They have a special needs cheer team and special needs dance team too that are great. It is really unfortunate the behavior of one person on twitter is harming this gym. The victims here are the athletes and other staff. They did not ask for this.

As a side note, congratulations to all the kids who were mentioned on their college placements. I am sorry their hard work is being tarnished due to bad choices in online behavior by an adult. Also, congratulations to all athletes who went to worlds and tried your best. You were all amazing. Congratulations to those who went on to semifinals, finals, placed, and won. I am sorry immature, bitter behavior on social media took away from your overall experience.

Cheer has the potential to be a very positive sport experience. But that only happens when the gym is run and staffed well. Online behavior as seen here just makes me very sad because it hurts the kids and helps no one.

This should be a lesson to everyone here on how not to behave on social media.

We have run into numerous athletes and parents from GA over the past couple of years. They have always been nothing but nice. They have a special needs cheer team and special needs dance team too that are great. It is really unfortunate the behavior of one person on twitter is harming this gym. The victims here are the athletes and other staff. They did not ask for this.

As a side note, congratulations to all the kids who were mentioned on their college placements. I am sorry their hard work is being tarnished due to bad choices in online behavior by an adult. Also, congratulations to all athletes who went to worlds and tried your best. You were all amazing. Congratulations to those who went on to semifinals, finals, placed, and won. I am sorry immature, bitter behavior on social media took away from your overall experience.

Cheer has the potential to be a very positive sport experience. But that only happens when the gym is run and staffed well. Online behavior as seen here just makes me very sad because it hurts the kids and helps no one.

This should be a lesson to everyone here on how not to behave on social media.
Especially when you're the owner. It's not like its a random adult posting these tweets.

So I'm not sure if JP said they were top in college placements or male college placements or scholarships or whatnot, but by offering a boys with doubles to cheer for free, that probably attracts boys who already have doubles, so how much of their college placements can he really take credit for? Just a thought though since I'm not very informed about GA or how many of it's athletes are home-grown

Ok so I actually cheered at GA from sophomore year and I quit halfway through my senior year (for several reasons) so I know what goes on there.

I'm not going to shoot my mouth off in public because I don't want anyone attacking me (I have finals to study for and fights are too distracting ;)) but I will say that JP uses college placement in a negative way when you are in his gym. He uses it as a way to keep his athletes doing what he wants them to do. If any one does something that he doesn't like, starts to disagree with him, or threatens to leave, he tells them that he will ruin their college cheer career.

Also, someone mentioned something about how if he picks on strangers then it must be bad for the kids who actually cheer there... let's just say oh boy it can be.

I will say that his gym was really goo in the past (hence why I chose to cheer there), but IMO they have not been nearly as good recently. Now I'm retired and haven't been to any comps this past season, but from his placement at worlds and other comps, I can't imagine that they were the "by the way theres 11 of us" GA that they used to be.

Yes!!! I agree!!! :) however, why are people bad mouthing Jamie so bad? One comment would've sufficed about how it was uncalled for but everyones basically going crazy. He's simply defending himself and his program. It's like his admirable professionalism in years past has totally gone out the window the second he slips up... Cut some slack considering alot of people could've turned around and said Brandon was way wrong for even perpetuating the drama with his initial post.

No one would be this upset if this was a one time occurrence. You must have missed all the rest.

South Carolina may be the first USC, but they are not THE USC. Not to the rest of the world. Then they call themselves Carolina, and no one thinks of them for that one, either. Poor Gamecocks... They only name they truly "own" is a fighting chicken. Lol.... JK

tumblr_m9fr0jc2rV1rekmw4o1_500.gif

Back