All-Star Gabi Butler New Team Debut "lionheart"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Amped Athletix was the Florida gym she was partnering with. They were at the State in Daytona so they do exist. (My kid's team competed against them in small gym Y1 and beat them...) I have no idea if she's still partnering with this gym as well as Powerhouse.

Amped Athletix was the Florida gym she was partnering with. They were at the State in Daytona so they do exist. (My kid's team competed against them in small gym Y1 and beat them...) I have no idea if she's still partnering with this gym as well as Powerhouse.
I don't think she is partnered with any gym. I think she rents space for her team to practice. Neverheard of Amped Athletix, how long have they been around?

I don't think she is partnered with any gym. I think she rents space for her team to practice. Neverheard of Amped Athletix, how long have they been around?

It was announced on Amped Athletix facebook page quite a while ago that she was partnering with them. They are in Daytona but I think she was also using that gym name for her team which was originally meant to be based in South Florida.

This is just what I remember reading back then, I was curious as it was near me... no inside info or anything. :)

I dont understand, so they are practicing in a gym in south florida, but didnt someone say earlier a lot of the athletes were coming out of the north carolina or something to be apart of this team?

I dont understand, so they are practicing in a gym in south florida, but didnt someone say earlier a lot of the athletes were coming out of the north carolina or something to be apart of this team?

Apparently half are from North Carolina and have only practice 3 times together. Are they going for a world bid? I saw a post about this team that the tuition is free and it didnt matter if the kids were on other teams too. Im so confused.

I think originally it was meant to be in South Florida but then she also/instead started partnering with that gym in NC, Powerhouse Elite, and now it seems half the team are from there and they practice in Georgia. And sometimes in Florida?

Again, I have no special knowledge about this, it's just what I remember reading, before and now.

Ugh i just will never understand the flying in athletes thing. If you want to be part of team go join one and stick with it for more then one season.. I get she lives in fl, but i doubt top gun or brandon would cast ill will on her, regardless of past teams she was on or anything.

Ugh i just will never understand the flying in athletes thing. If you want to be part of team go join one and stick with it for more then one season.. I get she lives in fl, but i doubt top gun or brandon would cast ill will on her, regardless of past teams she was on or anything.

She was on Top Gun. Not sure how accurate the story is but apparently she was asked to leave once she starting doing photo shoots and endorsements.

She is partnered with Powerhouse Elite. Half kids from NC and half from other locations. They sometimes practice in Atlanta. Sometimes in NC. It is incredibly hard to start a new gym in this area with worlds teams. I know. Tried it for two years with a gym that a lot of kids from Powerhouse came from. Kudos to them for trying something different in this area. They are being coached by people with several years experience. I don't remember who did choreo. We know lots of families in this program. They competed this weekend to get a feel for how things would go on mat. Can't wait to see what they bring to the area. This is a dog eat dog area and you have to have a thick skin to make it as a gym owner. Best of luck to them and their endeavors.

I can't imagine she'd have a ton of success in South Florida because of the local competition when it comes to International teams so grabbing people from other areas makes sense.

As for Amped...yes they're real, but they are also their own stand alone gym. She was supposed to be joining up with them; I don't think taking over, but a World's level team was supposed to come out of there and it never happened. No clue why, but Amped never shut down to begin with so who went to State likely has/had nothing to do with what Gabi was trying to do separately under the same name.

I have trouble keeping up with all the information because it just seems like a total hot mess. Too much, too soon and way too spread out to try and make sense of any of it.

Aside from what everyone mentioned already..I did not get the first part of the dance at all. It looked like freestyling.

Anxious to see what they put out at NCA though..will they have another practice before then?

Well I guess there is always a starting point. I know I would be disappointed if my child was on a team and they were trying to get a feel of what it's like on the mat in February......

Back