All-Star Gabi Butler New Team Debut "lionheart"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just to be clear. It was not an exhibition they competed that routine. Scores are listed on the All Star Challenge Website.
Day 2 was a much better performance but unfortunately I did not get it taped. It will be interesting to see the entire routine at their next competition. I thought they were going to Cheersport.

TG Naples moved their exhibition to a competition this weekend because of an issue with the showcase venue. In almost every category, they were against no one else anyway but were still scored and received a place/bid/special award...etc. I don't see this as any different---sure they were scored, but they won for no other reason than they were alone in their division.

Just to be clear. It was not an exhibition they competed that routine. Scores are listed on the All Star Challenge Website.
Day 2 was a much better performance but unfortunately I did not get it taped. It will be interesting to see the entire routine at their next competition. I thought they were going to Cheersport.
I did not see them listed on the cheersport schedule...but maybe they will be added? I was just not that impressed overall. Like someone else said, maybe I had higher expectations and need to remember they are a new team. Maybe they will pull it together. The routine just didn't seem cohesive ... more like several athletes on the floor doing their thing - not looking like an actual TEAM. If that makes any sense lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sorry, but it was a hot mess. As a startup, I just cannot believe THAT is what you lead out with as a first performance. I don't think they should have taken the floor at all if they only had 1 four hour practice. I don't think it was safe for the team and I don't think it was good business. Fortunately nothing bad happened other than some sloppy technique and a tumble bust, but that could have been bad had someone forgotten where they were going or set a panel wrong, ect. Too risky for my taste.

Sorry, but it was a hot mess. As a startup, I just cannot believe THAT is what you lead out with as a first performance. I don't think they should have taken the floor at all if they only had 1 four hour practice. I don't think it was safe for the team and I don't think it was good business. Fortunately nothing bad happened other than some sloppy technique and a tumble bust, but that could have been bad had someone forgotten where they were going or set a panel wrong, ect. Too risky for my taste.
I agree. I know teams love talking about how quickly they banded together and all that, but it's not so impressive when you're not even doing the whole thing. Why not just wait until NCA? Give yourselves a few more weeks to polish it and compete the whole routine. Although I swear I saw a tweet about them getting their choreography, from Eric Little I think, like a month ago. You really only had one practice since then?

Also when Cheetahs were going to have hoods at worlds(still glad they didn't), at least they served a purpose for the dance. I don't see the point of them here?

Reminded of this quote from Miracle:

"All-star teams fail because they rely solely on the individual's talent. The Soviets win because they take that talent and use it inside a system that's designed for the betterment of the team."

Looks like Lionheart needs a system.

I agree. I know teams love talking about how quickly they banded together and all that, but it's not so impressive when you're not even doing the whole thing. Why not just wait until NCA? Give yourselves a few more weeks to polish it and compete the whole routine. Although I swear I saw a tweet about them getting their choreography, from Eric Little I think, like a month ago. You really only had one practice since then?

Also when Cheetahs were going to have hoods at worlds(still glad they didn't), at least they served a purpose for the dance. I don't see the point of them here?

I think someone said they only had 1 full team practice but maybe that means some of them have been together just not everyone present? Honestly, I think the whole concept and execution of this type of team from start to finish has been a total hot mess.

maybe they decided to use this competition as a showcase... regardless i dont see the point in the hoods, that was basically a waste of money and effort, sorry. I can see them getting a bid really late in the game and attending worlds, but i cant see them progress past day one, when you have teams like wildcats, and nfinity who have been working all season.

i feel like this team was in a rush to be put together and compete because the girl didnt want to miss out on the cheer season, i get that cheer is life and all, but idk i just have mixed feelings and what not.

From what i understand, the kids from Raleigh are from a gym called Powerhouse Elite. They travel to GA (half way) to practice. They went all the way to FL about a month ago for a full practice.

Don't you have to be 14 to be on an international team? Curious bc a guy on the team posted a photo with one of the girls and her Instagram bio says |13|.

****not an accusation. I don't know if that even means she's 13. I wouldn't put |19| in mine so it could mean anything. She does look young though which is why I went to her bio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you have to be 14 to be on an international team? Curious bc a guy on the team posted a photo with one of the girls and her Instagram bio says |13|.

****not an accusation. I don't know if that even means she's 13. I wouldn't put |19| in mine so it could mean anything. She does look young though which is why I went to her bio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as she turns 14 this year, I'm almost positive it's legal.

ETA: This exception is only for International teams

Back