All-Star Gabi Butler New Team Debut "lionheart"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As long as she turns 14 this year, I'm almost positive it's legal.

ETA: This exception is only for International teams
I am not an expert but the way I read it is they have to be 14 in the calendar year of the competition so she would have to be 14 as of Dec 31,2016 since they waited until 2016 to compete??

As long as she turns 14 this year, I'm almost positive it's legal.

ETA: This exception is only for International teams
Ah right for some reason I was thinking she should've been 14 by Dec 31 2015 but you're definitely right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not an expert but the way I read it is they have to be 14 in the calendar year of the competition so she would have to be 14 as of Dec 31,2016 since they waited until 2016 to compete??
Right

I agree. I know teams love talking about how quickly they banded together and all that, but it's not so impressive when you're not even doing the whole thing. Why not just wait until NCA? Give yourselves a few more weeks to polish it and compete the whole routine. Although I swear I saw a tweet about them getting their choreography, from Eric Little I think, like a month ago. You really only had one practice since then?

Also when Cheetahs were going to have hoods at worlds(still glad they didn't), at least they served a purpose for the dance. I don't see the point of them here?
maybe they decided to use this competition as a showcase... regardless i dont see the point in the hoods, that was basically a waste of money and effort, sorry. I can see them getting a bid really late in the game and attending worlds, but i cant see them progress past day one, when you have teams like wildcats, and nfinity who have been working all season.

I think this statement describe majority of the teams in the international division.

Omg, the hoods. I'm done.

Is Robert Scianna on Lionheart? Also, what gym is this. Like is their team called Lionheart or is that the gym?

I feel the same. I think she is learning that putting a high level team together is much harder than expected. However, most people on that team I would assume are so talented that they will be able to pull it together rather easily and quickly. Not really blown away by anything in their routine though.
I loved seeing Jack Kidney in the Baskets!!!

I just feel like it was very cookie cutter. Maybe that will change with more practice.

It just seemed, okay let do standing tumbling, ok walk to stunts, do inversion, double up, double down, okay walk to jumps, okay walk to Rt, ok walk to pyramid. I guess I'm just missing the choreo. There's nothing innovative. It's just like they are doing a bunch of skills stringed together. Like I said I'm sure that will change with more practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. Fair enough. That's why I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt and not really judge the actual routine until it's at least a whole routine. I think I just expected more after the war with Jamie Parrish and her dad starting a war with fierce board about how we're bullies and causing thoughts of suicide or some other nonsensical things made me expect her to come out swinging, guns blazing and that's not what I'm seeing here.

ETA why did I say Jamie Christian instead of Parrish? sorry innocent photographer
Don't go out there and let your child be a cheerlebrity out in the spotlight and on magazine covers and model for makeup and curlers and uniforms then travel from atlanta then to California to Cheer and be on a Reality Youtube show and not expect some scrutiny.... If you can't handle it get out of the water or pull your kid out. If I considered suicide my parents would have pulled me out of the cheer world fast. I love watching Gabi but eyes are all on her at all times. She is bound to crack I would. I think that is why she left Cali. She wanted to come home. I think she started her own team so she could control her time with her family and I don't think they are affiliated with any gym. I don't know how they came up with Lionheart but I am sure it is something meaningful. Oh yeah, I forgot the Gymtyme flying in and out last season. What a crazy whirlwhind of teenage years. Wonder what it would have been like if she just stayed at Top Gun?

They received a score of 75.29 without a pyramid (pyramid is worth 15 pts) and without some of their jumps (jumps are worth 10 pts). They at least have a score to know where the judges have them, so far, which I'm sure was their intention. I will wait for the finished product but, the athletes appear talented and my only question is, "Are they enjoying themselves?" If they are, so be it. I've seen some teams that appear to be "unsafe" and "under skilled" over the years and this is not one of them.

They received a score of 75.29 without a pyramid (pyramid is worth 15 pts) and without some of their jumps (jumps are worth 10 pts). They at least have a score to know where the judges have them, so far, which I'm sure was their intention. I will wait for the finished product but, the athletes appear talented and my only question is, "Are they enjoying themselves?" If they are, so be it. I've seen some teams that appear to be "unsafe" and "under skilled" over the years and this is not one of them.

It's Jack Kidney and Robert Scianna, they are having a blast I am sure! So like you said so be it. As long as they are happy and having fun and continuing to do what they love, I am happy for them!

Don't go out there and let your child be a cheerlebrity out in the spotlight and on magazine covers and model for makeup and curlers and uniforms then travel from atlanta then to California to Cheer and be on a Reality Youtube show and not expect some scrutiny.... If you can't handle it get out of the water or pull your kid out. If I considered suicide my parents would have pulled me out of the cheer world fast. I love watching Gabi but eyes are all on her at all times. She is bound to crack I would. I think that is why she left Cali. She wanted to come home. I think she started her own team so she could control her time with her family and I don't think they are affiliated with any gym. I don't know how they came up with Lionheart but I am sure it is something meaningful. Oh yeah, I forgot the Gymtyme flying in and out last season. What a crazy whirlwhind of teenage years. Wonder what it would have been like if she just stayed at Top Gun?

She is affiliated with Powerhouse Elite; as for her other two programs nothing has really come out beyond the announcements so my guess is they've also flopped OR been put on the back burner for the future.

I am all for this, if that is what she wants to do.

I will say that I did side-eye her a little bit back when she made the announcement and said she'd also be creating a RESTRICTED 5 for her friend who are still of senior age to compete on.

But I'd side-eye any R5 composed of Worlds team kids.

That appears to not be happening so it's all good.

if this is the case that would make their total score 100.29 - not including the tumble bust and other mistakes......:confused:

Back