All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought they were moving into an existing facility?

Btw, good angle to show a large area. Does the gym have a loft you took it from or did you need to use a power lift?

**Sometimes I day dream Cheer Son is almost as good as Susie and then reality sets in**

The existing location is in Daytona Beach.

This one is in South Florida.

I'm still hung up on the concept of free tuition and what that includes. Seriously, I didn't even ask for a breakdown of the tuition I pay now but I do wanna see a breakdown on this one.

I guess she's gonna be on both the IOC5 and the R5 from one of her recent tweets? I know she said she won't be coaching the IOC5, but I mean, it looks like she's still gonna be pretty involved with these two gyms opening possibly coaching other teams(?), and then school, and two level 5 teams on top of that? Eek.

The existing location is in Daytona Beach.

This one is in South Florida.

I'm still hung up on the concept of free tuition and what that includes. Seriously, I didn't even ask for a breakdown of the tuition I pay now but I do wanna see a breakdown on this one.

The existing location is South Florida Athletix, a small gym in Delray Beach. I went to a Gabi & co cheer clinic there and her mom told me that's where Gabi comes to tumble. This is where IOC5 tryouts will be. It's only a temporary location though I think? They have one floor and a creaky trampoline. :)

I just noticed their facebook page is no longer active and I found this review on Yelp:

So my daughter joined a new gym a few months ago called Sofla or south Florida athletix. Since then we have had nothing ...but problems. In the past 5 months it has been through 2 coaches and a few tumbling coaches. Many many times we would go to tumble and cheer and we would be left standing outside with nine at the gym and a later response if oh no one told you no class today. I think I have paid more money for not going to the gym the. Being there. Really sad. And now the owner will not refund my deposit so I can take my daughter to another gym. Very disgusted. Would not recommend this gym to anyone!

End qoute. This is not Gabi's gym, just where she is holding her tryouts.

apparently one of these new members is putting off college for a year, just to cheer at this new gym. :confused: i really loved doing allstar cheer when i was young back then for a good 5+ years, but i never would have put off college all together just do one more season.

To each their own I guess. Wonder how his/her parents must feel about that.

I just noticed their facebook page is no longer active and I found this review on Yelp:

So my daughter joined a new gym a few months ago called Sofla or south Florida athletix. Since then we have had nothing ...but problems. In the past 5 months it has been through 2 coaches and a few tumbling coaches. Many many times we would go to tumble and cheer and we would be left standing outside with nine at the gym and a later response if oh no one told you no class today. I think I have paid more money for not going to the gym the. Being there. Really sad. And now the owner will not refund my deposit so I can take my daughter to another gym. Very disgusted. Would not recommend this gym to anyone!

EEK!

To each their own I guess. Wonder how his/her parents must feel about that.

Taking a year off could be a good or bad situation for some athletes. I started college so young that by the time I was done with high school, I was also over college and then took nearly a decade off. I wasn't an athlete---instead I got married and traveled and had kids---but had I continued to push myself, I'd likely be a miserable, burnt-out adult who wouldn't have the husband or daughter's I do. So for me, that break was essential.

EEK!

Taking a year off could be a good or bad situation for some athletes. I started college so young that by the time I was done with high school, I was also over college and then took nearly a decade off. I wasn't an athlete---instead I got married and traveled and had kids---but had I continued to push myself, I'd likely be a miserable, burnt-out adult who wouldn't have the husband or daughter's I do. So for me, that break was essential.

I don't think taking a break is bad at all!

I did high school in two years (during which I was doing college as well), then went to college back to back semesters for another two. I'm taking a break from school now and will be for quite awhile.

I just know that if I personally had taken a year off to cheer, I would have taken "just one more year" a few too many times. It can be an easy thing to slip into. Not that college is the number one thing in life for everyone, but personally it was important to me to get a degree. Everyone has different priorities in life. :)

EEK!

i dont judge people for taking time off, but to do it solely for cheer, and for the fact that this person is moving out of state just to do so, is a little extreme to me. i have to wonder if this person is one of those people getting free ride to cheer there, cause how else are they gonna pay for it.

i dont judge people for taking time off, but to do it solely for cheer, and for the fact that this person is moving out of state just to do so, is a little extreme to me. i have to wonder if this person is one of those people getting free ride to cheer there, cause how else are they gonna pay for it.

Taking a year off for cheer (or other activities) isn't unique. It happens. Particularly when kids are of age that they can super senior. The line of thought is that you have a limited number of years to cheer, but college will be there.

I am not sure how okay I'd be with my (non-existent and purely hypothetical) cheer daughter doing it, but it does happen.

In European countries, I think taking a year off is the norm and I do find that interesting.

Taking a year off for cheer (or other activities) isn't unique. It happens. Particularly when kids are of age that they can super senior. The line of thought is that you have a limited number of years to cheer, but college will be there.

I am not sure how okay I'd be with my (non-existent and purely hypothetical) cheer daughter doing it, but it does happen.

In European countries, I think taking a year off is the norm and I do find that interesting.
I wouldn't have minded if my oldest had wanted to take a gap year to travel. Not sure how I would feel if it was for cheer though.

The glory / detriment of the internet is nothing is really hidden anymore.

Just to clarify as someone asked me about it... I'm not sure if South Florida Athletix is closing down, I just said their facebook page is no longer active. I know because I go on all the local gyms' facebook pages every once in a while to see what they're up to... ;) It's not my CP's gym. I wonder if they closed the facebook page because of bad reviews on it? Just speculation. Here is their website, and the address (under contact) is the same as in Gabi's tryout ad so it's definitely there she's holding it. I should say held, not holding, wasn't it this weekend?

South Florida Athletix cheerleading

Back