All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If they are taking over and revamping a gym that's already in place, are teams already formed and they are just taking new team members/adding to the teams?

yeah, the tryouts happened today at that particular gym, south florida athletix. that seems to be the only association (from what i could determine) that gym has with amped athletix; its just hosting the tryouts, since the amped athletix location hasn't been fully setup.

amped athletix sites:
Amped-Athletix | Facebook
https://twitter.com/ampedathletix

judging by this instagram Flippin Amped (@flippin_amped) • Instagram photos and videos , it looked like amped athletix used to be called amped allstars and has other business divisions? called cheer fit Cheer FIT - Ormond Beach, Florida - Small Business | Facebook and flippin amped https://www.facebook.com/FLIPPINAMPEP , which also has its own clothing apparel line Home | Amped Apparel

Last edited:
i dont judge people for taking time off, but to do it solely for cheer, and for the fact that this person is moving out of state just to do so, is a little extreme to me. i have to wonder if this person is one of those people getting free ride to cheer there, cause how else are they gonna pay for it.
I'm going to say that's an unequivocal, "yes."

Did anyone ever find out if the restricted 5 team will also have a reality youtube show or is it just the international team?

Taking a year off for cheer (or other activities) isn't unique. It happens. Particularly when kids are of age that they can super senior. The line of thought is that you have a limited number of years to cheer, but college will be there.

I am not sure how okay I'd be with my (non-existent and purely hypothetical) cheer daughter doing it, but it does happen.

In European countries, I think taking a year off is the norm and I do find that interesting.
You're exactly right. The UK in particular has a huge gap year culture. It's the same in Australia, where at some schools the majority of kids take a year off. Some travel, some work, some play sports while they're age-eligible, some do absolutely nothing. I have multiple family members and friends who have taken time off, and they all thought it was hugely beneficial. It's also so, so easy to apply for a year off – the schools just hold your place for a year or two, no extra cost.

It's just not as normal in the US, for various reasons.

Taking a year off for cheer (or other activities) isn't unique. It happens. Particularly when kids are of age that they can super senior. The line of thought is that you have a limited number of years to cheer, but college will be there.

I am not sure how okay I'd be with my (non-existent and purely hypothetical) cheer daughter doing it, but it does happen.

In European countries, I think taking a year off is the norm and I do find that interesting.

Very true. I'm on my third year "off". I worked one year, lived in LA one year and now working one year so i'll have some money saved for college. I'm planning on attending a college in NYC. If i wanted to stay here in Sweden i probably would only have taken a year off though :p

I'm so sorry (and I am SURE this program is not the only one doing it- several gyms probably had Worlds kids on the floor at Summit) but an R5 fielded with Gabi and most likely every Worlds IO division friend of hers who is still senior team eligible screams Shady Athletics.
what makes you think she, or others on the ioc5 team, will be on the r5 team? i've never seen that depicted anywhere.

yeah, the tryouts happened today at that particular gym, south florida athletix. that seems to be the only association (from what i could determine) that gym has with amped athletix; its just hosting the tryouts, since the amped athletix location hasn't been fully setup.

amped athletix sites:
Amped-Athletix | Facebook
https://twitter.com/ampedathletix

judging by this instagram Flippin Amped (@flippin_amped) • Instagram photos and videos , it looked like amped athletix used to be called amped allstars and has other business divisions? called cheer fit Cheer FIT - Ormond Beach, Florida - Small Business | Facebook and flippin amped https://www.facebook.com/FLIPPINAMPEP , which also has its own clothing apparel line Home | Amped Apparel
No need for question marks and "seems like". We all know you are in the know. [emoji57]

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

If they are taking over and revamping a gym that's already in place, are teams already formed and they are just taking new team members/adding to the teams?

I'm not in the know, I guess I've just been paying attention to all this as it's in our backyard. They are not taking over South Florida Athletix, it's just a temporary location for the IOC5 team.

But, a friend told me they ARE closing down and customers are not happy. Like I said, the gym is one floor and a creaky trampoline so I'm pretty sure it won't be a permanent location for Gabi's S FL gym.

@quitthedrama did you mean me? Really not in the know, just intrigued.

I'm not in the know, I guess I've just been paying attention to all this as it's in our backyard. They are not taking over South Florida Athletix, it's just a temporary location for the IOC5 team.

But, a friend told me they ARE closing down and customers are not happy. Like I said, the gym is one floor and a creaky trampoline so I'm pretty sure it won't be a permanent location for Gabi's S FL gym.

Could it be possible that they're buying the location and re-vamping that to make her SF location?

@quitthedrama did you mean me? Really not in the know, just intrigued.
I quoted getsum. I wasn't referring to anyone else but the poster that I quoted. He or she has been on the boards claiming to know nothing and have no connection with smoed or any of the web series but is always the one posting about them, with pictures and information that no one unaffiliated would know and rarely posts about anything else. I could care less what affiliattion they have - I'm just not a fan of people who aren't truthful on the board.

I quoted getsum. I wasn't referring to anyone else but the poster that I quoted. He or she has been on the boards claiming to know nothing and have no connection with smoed or any of the web series but is always the one posting about them, with pictures and information that no one unaffiliated would know and rarely posts about anything else. I could care less what affiliattion they have - I'm just not a fan of people who aren't truthful on the board.

Oh, I have that person on ignore so I didn't see that you quoted him/her. Sorry!

Back