East Coast Flames
South Florida Allstars
Boca Xtreme
IDOL
Broward Elite
Cheer Factory
Step Ahead
Miami Elite

These are all in the tri-county area (Palm Beach, Broward and Dade) I know there are more that I'm not thinking of right now.
There is also Broward Elite, Pride Cheer in 2 locations (Delray and FFt. Lauderdale) and Velocity. Pride Cheer's Delray location is amazing. The owner is very organized as well.

Everyone's life journey is very different.Some people find there path early in life: Taylor Swift, Beyonce, The Williams Sisters, Tiger Woods. Most adults still have no clue what they want to do when they grow up. When you know you know. Go with it! Congrats to both of these young ladies. Inspiration to many, kids and adults.

I feel her name will bring in the little ones who want to start cheering and think it will be fun. Unless she gets a well known, well experienced coach (Es) it will not be a "Worlds" gym. I am sure her parents can handle the business side, but name alone will not make it the gym to b at for level 5s at least not in the near future.

Her name could definitely bring in some of the younger ones especially if the parents know who she is; however, while I believe all levels/ages of cheer have parents who want to win, win, win; have the best, best, best...I've yet to be apart of or visit a gym where the younger parents weren't some of the worst in terms of all of that. Sure she's Gabi Butler, but can Gabi's teams win? If they can't, those Tiny and Mini mom's are right next to TG, TD, and all of the other fab programs in SF. This is South Florida we're talking about...and it is over-saturated.

Just from what we've seen, I'm pretty confident her parents aren't hurting for money. And with all the camps/clinics she's done for the last 3+ years, it's possible she has saved quite a chunk of change. Not our problem, or business though.

I might be the only person that's like, "Might as well strike while the iron is hot". If her parents are going to help her run it, I'm sure they will do just fine. I wouldn't doubt that kids are going to flock to the gym just for her name. I think the biggest problem could be making sure that they're staffed adequately for what could be a large influx of kids right off the bat.

No sense in spreading negativity about it. There really is no right or wrong way to opening a gym. Every single gym has a different story with varying levels of success.

o-rly.gif

I feel her name will bring in the little ones who want to start cheering and think it will be fun. Unless she gets a well known, well experienced coach (Es) it will not be a "Worlds" gym. I am sure her parents can handle the business side, but name alone will not make it the gym to b at for level 5s at least not in the near future.
The best way to build a gym is from the bottom up.

But would experienced coaches and leaders really leave their old, established gyms for a 17 year olds brand new gym?
I think they will if they are paid well.

I agree. U have to start somewhere.
When they are older a lot of the quit to have a social life and participate in school teams. That is what you start losing athletes. As your gym grows with the little ones you started off with don't forget to keep building from the bottom or eventually your program will dry up. I trust that her parents will help her run the business. Her father is a great business man and after all these years he knows a lot about cheerleading.

Anyone have any idea who will be on this team? Those athletes may attract other athletes as well. Robert Scianna has a following that is a little more diverse. A lot of the boys look up to him. If she puts a lot of cheerlebrities on the team, she could bring in a lot.
Any idea where the gym will be located? There are a lot of little gyms around, too many. This area already lost Ultimate Cheer and Wellington Jaguars. DVE merged with Cheer Florida which is opening in Wellington. A lot of Cheer Florida's athletes were driving South to their other gym so this is a nice addition plus the DVE athletes.

Her sister my be a part of the program as well, she has a lot of experience being on Top Gun for many years.

There are a lot of things to consider. They are a cheer family, Sister Cheered, Mom & Dad have been on the road with her. I think it will all work out.

Latest posts

Back