All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am so angry. When AR announced her gym opening I sort of brushed it off but this has me heated. Here I am, a sport management/business student busting my booty because I want to run a successful business (cheerleading gym) one day. I am spending so much time on classes and I am going to start coaching soon to get experience. Not only that, I will have to have a "real person" job for years before I make enough money to invest into a gym. And this 17 year old girl just opens it as she pleases? Not to mention people will go there because of the name. I just feel as if it undermines people who built their gyms up from the bottom. So many programs started small and took many years to become successful. Sorry just felt the need to rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is where the "business" part comes in. Let's say Gym X can't really compete with Gym Y, in their area. Gym X talks to cheerleb G's people and says "Sure, you can have a team here," hoping it boosts business.
Take the classes, get the experience. Then learn the shady messness of the industry and play better than the successful players we have now.

I suppose 'success' is defined in various terms. If they're not hardcore red by the end of the first year, that's technically a success!

I mean hey, if she is 17 and has the money to start her own gym, I've got some student loans that I would LOVE to see disappear. If we're in the business of throwing cash around. Just saying.

Here is where the "business" part comes in. Let's say Gym X can't really compete with Gym Y, in their area. Gym X talks to cheerleb G's people and says "Sure, you can have a team here," hoping it boosts business.
Take the classes, get the experience. Then learn the shady messness of the industry and play better than the successful players we have now.[/QUOTE

I totally think Gym X is struggling and needs Gabi to boost their gym. What happens when Gabi leaves the Temporary location and moves on to the permanent location. She could potentially take all those kids with her and ruin that gyms business? I see someone lacking a business plan and it's not Gabi. I am curious as to who has already signed on for this team.

There is a lot that goes into running a gym - but I think everyone is overlooking that fact that Gabi comes from a wealthy family that is rooted in business!

I've got NO info on the gym or their business plan - but I do assume that her family (who inspired her rise to cheer fame) will be the managing entity behind the gym. It just really helps that they have created a cheerlebrity (if you will) that they can use as a brand model for their program!

I'm in South Florida - and we are very well inundated in small programs - so I'm excited to see them start something "new" in the south florida (probably not miami or fort lauderdale) area!

None of my business, but do wonder how much she has made from her personal youtube shows. By googling it looks like it is possible to make big money if you have a ton of followers/views.

The Richest YouTube Stars - Business Insider
I can't imagine a lot just off YouTube alone. Plus those YouTube stars have been doing it for years before they ever started making that much money. But
I'd imagine she is making a good chunk of change between the youtube thing, clinics, product promotion and signings

Makes sense, I was just shocked to see it was possible to make a million dollars off of youtube.

None of my business, but do wonder how much she has made from her personal youtube shows. By googling it looks like it is possible to make big money if you have a ton of followers/views.

The Richest YouTube Stars - Business Insider

Pewds reppin Sweden. It's ridiculous how much money people make off of youtube though. And considering 'skitz tv' is a channel under the GabiButlerCheer account, I would say she brings in quite a bit of views and thus, a bit of money. Not pewds 8 million, but still a good amount.

Makes sense, I was just shocked to see it was possible to make a million dollars off of youtube.
Sort of. Depends on your consideration of how much they invest into it (both fiscally and time-wise).

It's a very select few getting even CLOSE to that money. Aka I don't advocate it as an attempted lifestyle lol

ETA: I think why these two scenarios (G and A) hit a weird note is because unlike other businesses, owning a gym means you're partially responsible for the health/well being of people. This isn't a bow business or sales position or coffee store. It's automatically a large initial investment, and there's personal risk. Which is hypothetically being spear-headed by a 17 year old girl. Comparing this to reading BlueCat's thread about CA and all the details that go into everything, this is easily a MASSIVE undertaking. I suppose if school isn't important/you're homeschooled it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
I'm not a businessman by any means, but my best friend and roommate is a business administration / marketing student and there is SO MUCH that goes on behind the scenes in any business. I don't care how talented of an athlete you are, there is a lot that goes into running a business effectively.

Isn't it true that like 50% of small businesses fail within one year? If you really want to open a gym, pick out a good school and get the education you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This is kind of scary for me, because I'm practically the same age as AR and gabi, and it scares me to think about driving by myself, or getting an actual job (I'm currently working for my mother) and they're starting up and owning their own buisnesses before they're graduated from high school.

I'm not a businessman by any means, but my best friend and roommate is a business administration / marketing student and there is SO MUCH that goes on behind the scenes in any business. I don't care how talented of an athlete you are, there is a lot that goes into running a business effectively.

Isn't it true that like 50% of small businesses fail within one year? If you really want to open a gym, pick out a good school and get the education you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
50% in the first 5 years. 80% fail in the first year. There are a LOT of compounding factors.

On a side note: I'm in the middle of a course about launching an ONLINE business. And the best method I've had for ensuring success is research. Knowing your market inside and out is crucial to the success of any business. It's one thing to want your market to want what you want..but do they?

When I chatted to Gabi's mom at a local clinic a while ago, she did say that "I" and "we" want to start our own gym (so yeah the family will be heavily involved I think). Gabi seems sweet but she didn't come across as the warmest and most approachable person with the kids. She barely said hello to my CP and didn't interact much with anyone at the clinic. (CP didn't care, she was just happy to hang out with her friend and tumble, and the other guest coaches were great.)

Here is my issue with this and with AR's situation: what if it doesn't succeed? When you stop doing clinics, youtube shows and whatever else and you have the day to day running of a business to do with money going out here, there and ever what are you going to do? If their businesses fail, these girls have really nothing left to fall back on. There is always going to be a fresh crop of cheerlebrities (ugh) coming up the ranks and their novelty and fame are going to eventually fade. Neither of these girls have a solid university or college education behind them so what is going to happen to them if they fail or if their parents can't afford to keep putting money into the business? And just because someone is successful in one type of business doesn't mean they will be successful in every type of business. Usually those people are successful because they find their niche and stay with it. Just because you have a lot of cheer experience doesn't mean you can run a gym.

When I chatted to Gabi's mom at a local clinic a while ago, she did say that "I" and "we" want to start our own gym (so yeah the family will be heavily involved I think). Gabi seems sweet but she didn't come across as the warmest and most approachable person with the kids. She barely said hello to my CP and didn't interact much with anyone at the clinic. (CP didn't care, she was just happy to hang out with her friend and tumble, and the other guest coaches were great.)

Ding, ding, ding. This is probably driven by mom - and dad to an extent - and as much as I really do like and admire Gabi, she isn't the most outgoing, personable kid. Nothing wrong with that, it's just the way it is. She comes across as rather shy, to me.

Back