All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Awesome.

Unless you're a kid (or parent of a kid) who could potentially lose a spot to her.

Yes, from a coaching standpoint I am aware that anyone can lose a spot at any time. It is just a little late in the season for that, no?

Hopefully she goes on a team that has a need for her (instead of replacing someone else less than a month before Worlds.)

I agree, that would be kind of shady. I understand putting the best on the mat, but swooping in and stealing a spot because one team didn't work out comes across as selfish.

Why are you thinking Aces? It isn't a team I know a lot about, but I thought they were from Vegas? I guess the post did say going back to Cali, so it could mean the gym. That's the team that had a major injury at NCA right? I guess I can see them needing a replacement, though they did just win their division at Champions league, so it kind of seems like they already figured it out. But I suppose they didn't have to use a permanent replacement there.

A really interesting overall theme she touched on (one that I hope a LOT of other 'cheerlebrities'/people in her age group in general pay attention to).

Life isn't always fun. Even something you love isn't always full of sunshine and roses.

I think so many appreciate the 'kid' side of cheerleading: being an athlete, coming to practice, etc. Even if they're a coach of a team, they don't always have to deal with the 'real' side of cheerleading: scheduling practices, locations, maintenance, social media, dealing with HUMANS who don't always act/speak/think the way you do or even the way you want them to. So they have this idea about what being a coach/gym owner is like, or whatever their '#jobgoalz/#lifegoalz' is like, but they have no sense of practical reality. They have this idealized version of how things work, so when it comes down to reality they get frustrated and confused. Any person who had actually aged out of HS and went out and got actual real-life experience (not ones cherry picked for you) could have told you this. But I suppose that's the point- we did. Doesn't matter, because I remember being that age and best of luck if you thought you could tell me anything lol.

I hope she realizes though: LIFE is like that. It's not just cheerleading- reaching for your dreams is important, but you really need to take the time to flesh out what each possible scenario is like and how you would handle it. I understand the "drama" frustration, and I think it's the mature decision to realize this is not something she can handle right now (if ever). I do hope she finds some success in whatever she's doing.

I think we also have to realize what is our reality for opportunity, does not mirror everyone else's at her age. DH and I can come up with 101 reasons as to why we shouldn't pursue our own business. The high probability of failing the first time around being #1 and we have 50+ years of finance and business experience together. I am truly envious of Gabi and her parents (very key in this scenario) for allowing her to take a chance on a dream rather than sitting around and talking about all the reasons why it could fail. Her age and experience was perfect IMO because, once she has other responsibilities, the reasons to "play it safe" because of student loans, working, spouse, kids, mortgage, car notes, etc. just increase. If Gabi found out running her own business doesn't interest her now, or ever, she's far ahead of at least two 50 year old's I know with plenty of experience still contemplating all the "what if's and risks". We don't all get the same opportunities but, if a chance of a lifetime is offered to us, I would hope we would all have Gabi's courage to grab it.

I think @smoq17 meant where on her Instagram was the post? Because I don't see it either?

I think it is this Instagram post that is making people think that.

89b26f35d7559608a115a924a7ffb59f.jpg

I wonder if there was an injury and she was needed on Aces. As long as she didn't take a spot, I don't see a huge issue or scandal here.

With that in mind, however, I do wonder what the parents/former athletes she was with thing about this decision. I mean, when she posted about disbanding Lionheart I kinda wondered where she would show up for World's---Gabi doesn't seem like the cheerleader who is going to sit out and let this year pass, but I doubt the handful of other kids she took the mat at NCA with had gyms chomping at the bit to get them in. For all I know they're super happy for her and whatnot, but I would also understand if some felt like she slapped them in the face.

I kind of think that disbanding Lionheart was the right thing to do, regardless of anything else. And I don't begrudge Cali for taking back such a high quality athlete if they needed her. But I am kind of amused by the fact that she got to release herself to go to Worlds. And after seeing how well Aces performed at Champions League, and how excited they were, I sure hope someone isn't being bumped off the team to make a place for her... Just because I feel like it would be disappointing to an athlete who accomplished so much to be cut. I did look at Twitter and see that there was a definite indication that she knew she was going to Aces before this weekend, so I do think it is likely that if someone is being replaced they probably were at least aware that changes were in the works. Not sure why, but somehow this makes it a little better for me , if ,in fact, someone who could have gone to Worlds is not getting to go... There are a lot of possible scenarios where this doesn't have to be the case.

if anyone cares apparently she's back at Cali. not sure what team but my guess is smoed since she recently posted a pic of her in her old smoed uni and tagged Eddie. guess we'll see in a few weeks!

When I first saw that I thought the exact same thing and then I saw that Aces post.

Unless she disbanded lionheart FOR Aces. Hopefully any Lionheart kids that want to go to worlds can find a team to go with (assuming they'd all get releases since their team no longer exists), of course hopefully they don't take away spots from other athletes to do so. Same thing goes for Summitt.

Back