All-Star Gas Up To $4 By This Summer, $5 For 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
I remembered we discussed this earlier. Gas is definitely making a climb again (just google search news for gas $5).

Is anyone else seeing it where they live? Does this have you thinking differently about cheer next year?

Guess we wil be staying in NC for competitions and of course myrtle beach SC which is only an hour away! LOL JK we will see!

Yes it will factor into our decision. It won't be the deciding factor but right now it costs $200 in gas monthly to get to and from cheer practices (and that is with a carpool so I'm only driving part of the time) Add that to the monthly tuition (200), comp fees, uniform, privates, travel costs to comps (including parent admission) and, well, I feel sick! LOL!

It's hard. Our daughter loves cheer but we have to pay our mortgage and save for college too!

Guess we wil be staying in NC for competitions and of course myrtle beach SC which is only an hour away! LOL JK we will see!

Actually, I think that will happen a lot. People will travel less to go to a gym. Travel less to compete EXCEPT for a major competition or two.

WOW..if it gets to $5 Bucks I think it will limit how far we travel to comps. I really feel for people that travel long distance to practice. I dont know how they will continue to do it.

It will really make it harder for me and the people I travel with to practice...we go about an hour and a half to practice twice a week and it really adds up; plus all the travel for competitions. Where I live, in New Smyrna Beach (about 15 minutes from Daytona Beach, Florida) gas is already up to $3.25, which is more expensive than places like, Orlando and such. We will for sure feel the effects of gas continuing to rise.

Back