All-Star Getting Ready For Level 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What level are you at right now?? If you're level 1 for example, moving up will be a lot harder than if you're level 4 and already doing progressions

I'm level 3 but this team isn't great in the tumbling section. It has I think 10 jump back tucks and only 2 round off back handspring back fulls.

That team should not be a level 5... So why would you want to be part of a team that will not be competitive? I would work on skills so you could become part of a team that is truly level 5.

Level 5 has a large variety of skills in regards to tumbling/stunting. Transitioning into and within that division can take a long time and, like all other levels, lots of patience. You do not want to move forward to quickly without making sure you have the basics. Safety should be the number one priority. As others have said, if the team has 10 jumps to tuck and 2 fulls, perhaps another year at L4 or R5 might be a better/safer/more productive option for the next season.

That team should not be a level 5... So why would you want to be part of a team that will not be competitive? I would work on skills so you could become part of a team that is truly level 5.
Well where I live there is only one level 5 team near me and the closest thing to that is level 6 but all they have is standing tucks. They have great stunts but their tumbling is below average.

What position do you do?? And what is your tumbling level?? What skills do you have??
I'm a flyer. I have a standing tuck, a roundoff tuck and a round off BHS BT. I've also done a front handspring round off BHS back tuck. I have suitcases, prone falls, full up lib to the top and a clean kick full.

I'm a flyer. I have a standing tuck, a roundoff tuck and a round off BHS BT. I've also done a front handspring round off BHS back tuck. I have suitcases, prone falls, full up lib to the top and a clean kick full.
Once you get your layout and start working on standing (toe touch) back handspring tucks and 2 to a tuck, it looks like you'll be a level 4. With exception to the standing tuck, your tumbling now is very much level 3. This is where you listen to your coaches -- if they say you are ready to start working on layouts, then do so (perhaps you already have). If they say you need to stay level 3 and perfect your tucks, then do so. They will be setting you up for success that way. You can't have a good layout without a good tuck and there's NO WAY you can have a good full without a great layout.

Allow yourself to take it in steps. I know that level 5 is the pinnacle of allstar cheer. Trust me, I was in your shoes once too! I made the level 5 team with level 4 tumbling and all year I was constantly the nugget in the back, feeling like I couldn't really contribute to my team during tumbling sections in the routine. So -- whatever skill you are working on, work hard! Push yourself! Don't settle for just landing it, aim for perfection. If that means another year of level 3, that's awesome. Be a leader on your team. If that means level 4 or beyond, also awesome! Your coaches will know where your skills will best be utilized and which team you will fit with, but also be challenged with, at the same time. Trust your coaches and try not to be upset if it's not the team you want, because your coaches want the best for you. Good luck!!

Well where I live there is only one level 5 team near me and the closest thing to that is level 6 but all they have is standing tucks. They have great stunts but their tumbling is below average.
I definitely could be wrong but I believe the value of tumbling between L5 and L6 is different. At L5 it is more important to have

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**

I definitely could be wrong but I believe the value of tumbling between L5 and L6 is different. At L5 it is more important to have

Well I meant like the closest thing to level 5. We don't have a level 4 team here.i was really looking more on the stunting side of things!

Last edited:
Well I meant like the closest thing to level 5. We don't have a level 4 team here. The tumbling for this level 5 team is below average so I'm really just looking for help on getting the stunts!
Is it The whole team that needs to build up to L5 stunting?

Back