All-Star Gi Pros

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Of course it's possible... but other than getting some teenagers and cheer anon twitters talking about them on social media, it accomplished nothing. The judges will happily give you your zero (or 20 pts for the dance and 1 basket), the EP will forget about you by their next event, Varsity won't even bat an eyelash, USASF does not care if they even take notice... so what was their end goal?

The kids on the team were clearly on board and I get the coaches wanting to fight for what they think their kids deserve... but you "fight" by asking for scoresheets, challenging scores, having respectful conversations with judges, and potentially take it to the coaches associations and fight for changes higher up. Take a step back and take off your bias-colored glasses. Sometimes life isn't fair. Teach your kids how to deal with that instead of how to stomp their feet for social media likes.
Maybe they did fight judges and EP of comp.....sometimes EPs don't care....even if bids are in line. Which they weren't in MB. I agree and also disagree with what they did because it probably won't change a thing.

I'm surprised they got a 57 just by marking everything and being energetic.

But that's being extremely bitter and petty just because you didn't get what you thought you deserved.

Maybe they did fight judges and EP of comp.....sometimes EPs don't care....even if bids are in line. Which they weren't in MB. I agree and also disagree with what they did because it probably won't change a thing.

They were 1 pt behind.. they could have challenged the score if they really thought something was amiss, or regrouped and tweaked something and easily could have won today.

Really though now I'm more curious how one dance, one kick double basket and one forward roll got them that high of a score. I will actually never understand scoring, even when I think I do.

They were 1 pt behind.. they could have challenged the score if they really thought something was amiss, or regrouped and tweaked something and easily could have won today.

Really though now I'm more curious how one dance, one kick double basket and one forward roll got them that high of a score. I will actually never understand scoring, even when I think I do.

You can only fight so much. If they put you in the range you're supposed to be in, you're basically SOL in terms of fighting the scores they gave you. One of the teams I coach won a competition this year based on that. A team clearly better than us was scored lower in difficulty, but because they were still in range they couldn't fight anything.
ETA: you also can't fight your score compared to another team. You can only fight based on the scoresheet.

Honestly I do feel like they’ve been getting underscored for years. They have put up some beautiful routines and they never get the credit.

Regardless of whether they thought they were underscored or not, what they did was petty and childish.
"I didn't get my way so I'm going to take my ball and leave." Trust me at the end of the day...no...one...cares. Instead of fighting you handed the win to CJA...ohh you showed them! I don't know what the culture of their gym is but it's obviously one I would never jive with because I think I would flip a table if I spent money traveling from MA to BATB only to have the coaches throw a tantrum and throw the comp, on top of teaching my kid a really bad lesson.
This is not gun control. You are not making a statement or changing the world by essentially "walking out" of the comp.

Regardless of whether they thought they were underscored or not, what they did was petty and childish.
"I didn't get my way so I'm going to take my ball and leave." Trust me at the end of the day...no...one...cares. Instead of fighting you handed the win to CJA...ohh you showed them! I don't know what the culture of their gym is but it's obviously one I would never jive with because I think I would flip a table if I spent money traveling from MA to BATB only to have the coaches throw a tantrum and throw the comp, on top of teaching my kid a really bad lesson.
This is not gun control. You are not making a statement or changing the world by essentially "walking out" of the comp.

I mean did we have this same type of energy when wildcats forced themself into the finals?

Back