All-Star Glad It's Not My Daughter!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I never really thought about it, but I wonder if they do background checks on these people. Some of them sound kinda creepy.

If you ever watch these photographers, you will notice they are scanning their cameras in "continuous mode shooting", which allows them to get several shots in quick succession and they are watching a small screen for "content". Cheer is too fast to be selective shooting and they upload these pictures as quickly as possible to get sales. These photographers keep their jobs by the amount of sales on the pics they take, so if the majority of the shots they happened to follow have someone crying, bleeding, or busting somewhere in the shot they aren't going to sell many of those pics, nor keep their job very long. If there is ever a pic of your child you feel is immodest or embarrassing, give them the number and they will remove it for you. Just remember what is an immodest crotch shot to some, is a beautiful toe touch to others, edit only your own.:D

no tumblig, jumps or basing pictures? My cp is a backspot so you hardly ever see him in the pictures that way but has plenty tumbling and jumping.

she is a backspot on her mini team and a front on her j3 team. we have had pics of her from the side looking up at the base but that's it. she does have a tumble pass this year so hopefully we will get some this year but we bought a "nice" camera so we could get our own action shots. problem is, we are still figuring out the camera and when she did her tumble pass at our first comp my husband didn't hold the button for it to focus so it was all blurry. :oops:

mybabywantstotumble, Cheer Dad - If you want, send me a message...I'll be happy to share my "expensive camera learning curve" with you.

If you want a book, I highly recommend "Understanding Exposure." Pretty much sums up the mechanics of photography exposure in easy to understand terms.

The last competition my daughter was in she was kicked in the head twice and ended up with a concussion. I didn't even look at the photos but it the video was posted on facebook for everyone to see.

They always got awful pics of me. Like the only good ones are the ones that are staged, if they ever get a pic of me jumping, it's on the way up/down so it looks like I'm just really awful at jumps, and if they get me tumbling, it's right BEFORE I go so I'm making a concentrating face. That's one of the reasons I made my parents get a good camera ;) and so I can use it... shhhhh

One of my biggest frustrations was the lack of good competition shots of my cp all four of her comp seasons. Up until the end of her second season her tumbling was lacking and she was the tallest on the team so she tended to be in the back and she has always been a backspot. Her last two years she was dealing with knee issues, so the tumbling she had worked so hard to improve regressed horribly and while she had among the best jumps and her dancing was very good (as one of her coaches said "a nice little Christian girl should not be able to move like that :p) - she was again, at best, in the middle of the pack. So ANY picture of her that was not blurred and where she wasn't obscured by someone's arm is gold to me.

no tumblig, jumps or basing pictures? My cp is a backspot so you hardly ever see him in the pictures that way but has plenty tumbling and jumping.
I find that for most of our events, they tend to follow the flyers to jumps and tumbling. There seem to be very few photographers at the events we go to who make an effort to get pics of everyone. Mine doesn't fly, and doesn't have a tumbling pass, but is front and center several times through dance and jumps. I rarely get any pics of her, but the flyers that they noticed before in elites are all over the dance pics.

cheer25mom, good point. I have seen some photogs do wide variety of kids and have limited pics of the specialty tumblers, flyers and such but you are right, it is very rare.

If you ever watch these photographers, you will notice they are scanning their cameras in "continuous mode shooting", which allows them to get several shots in quick succession and they are watching a small screen for "content". Cheer is too fast to be selective shooting and they upload these pictures as quickly as possible to get sales. These photographers keep their jobs by the amount of sales on the pics they take, so if the majority of the shots they happened to follow have someone crying, bleeding, or busting somewhere in the shot they aren't going to sell many of those pics, nor keep their job very long. If there is ever a pic of your child you feel is immodest or embarrassing, give them the number and they will remove it for you. Just remember what is an immodest crotch shot to some, is a beautiful toe touch to others, edit only your own.:D

This is so true. As a Photographer that shoots Cheerleading I will take 250 - 350 pictures in 2.5 minutes. If needed my camera will take 12 frames a second. I have about 1 to 2 minute to change cards and upload to the server and get ready for the next team. 3 photographers shooting you are looking at about 500 plus pictures, no way to review them all prior to uploading. It is never a photographers intent to get a compromising shot, but they are out there. Any time they are identified they are pulled and deleted.

I will also agree that one may view as a beautiful toe touch or strech can be viewd as comprmising picture to others. the picture of a group fitighting to save stunt and the emoution, faces, intensity and agoney can show dertimination and strength that makes the sport beautifu to watch. Again ll in the eye of the beholder.

Bottom line if you see something that is not right, get the number, take it to the counter and it will be removed and deleted.

Back