All-Star Going Full Out

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It really depends on how good the day is, usually we had to hit 3 in a row full out and then we were done and could work on other stuff, but a lot of time, it meant we were doing routines all night.

We try to be throwing full out routines 3-4 weeks before the first competition. I think our first for real full out this season (with fulls instead of layouts) was 3 weeks before. Throwing with layouts 4 weeks before.

First we warm up stunts, tumbling pyramid etc. We go two times marking it (jump everytime) then we start running the routine full out over and over but when something falls, someone doesn't tumble, we run suicides or redo what did go/hit. we get about 2-3 water breaks throughout the whole two and a half sometimes three hour practices. Then go back to running it full out with everything until the last ten minutes of practice then we get in a big circle (24 people....its huge!!!) and do a ripple of standing flip flops ten times each then ten double toes each. Then we are done. They are not fun...but they do keep me in shape:)

We usually go 2-3 times depending when the practice. Practices closer to competitions we will most likely go full 3 times. Others we will go full out 1-2 times, then do all stunts, then all tumbling. And then the marking runs here and there.

we warm up everything one section at a time (stunt-wise)
then warm up all tumbling
do the tumbling sections (standing/running) once through
then we do 3-4 full out runs a practice.
if something doesn't hit it the routine you do it 3 times right when you're done.

and the practices right after competitions, we normally go through the routine and fix the sections that were critiqued and don't start running it full out again until the week before.

we have a rotatoion at our practices :
the first time we mark it
the second time we do stunts
the third time we tumble
the fourth time we go full out
and then we get a short break and do it again!

i knowww it getss you sooooo tireddd:/ and then technique gets bad and it all goess wrongg lol

yessss. then it looks like complete dog poop when everyones exhausted then they make us hit it perfectly before we leave :( but they've stepped up practice because 3 stunts fell at CGA last weekend so we need it... lol

our 1st comp was actually our 1st time going full out lol.
but now its:
warm up stunts 1 by 1 and then all together
warm up jumps
warm up pyramid
warm up tumbling
and then run the routine (we dont go full out a lot)

we have a rotatoion at our practices :
the first time we mark it
the second time we do stunts
the third time we tumble
the fourth time we go full out
and then we get a short break and do it again!

thats a good rotation! wish my coaches would try this...

and now that its National season, we run the first 50 seconds full out 3 times in a row... then the 2nd 50 seconds 3 times in a row, then the 3rd 50 seconds 3 times in a row... all with conditioning in between... helps focus on technique of each section

We usually go full out every practice no matter what... but we like to run it like we are at competition.
warm up all stunts( like stunt mat timed and everything)
warm up tumbling( tumbling strip)
the full floor with just stunts
then go full-out

If all of our stuff hits the first time(including tumbling) we only have to do stunts but if not you have to keep going full out until you hit everything.
I like doing it like this because it gets people used to a quick warm up and then when its comp time its no big deal and can relax more and get through warm up more confident.
I like the hit first time and done rule because our coach always tells us that in competition there are no second chances so if you hit everything the first time you are rewarded, If not you have to build consistancey.

before a competition, I like to do sort of like a competition warm up with my kids. we give them 6-8 minutes to stretch, 6-8 minutes to warm up tumbling, 6-8 for stunts, then one practice with music, then we have them line up like they would at a competition and walk them in and play music for them. I also like using the pattern of stunts, tumble, full out. We will go one time stunts only, one time tumbling only, then full out. We will repeat for all of practice. (jumps and full out motions always go)

Back