OT Good "hidden" Places For A Tattoo

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Are you calling a tattoo pointless or having to put it at the bottom of her foot?

Personally there is nothing wrong with having to hide a tattoo, some people get tattoos in places to that people won't ever see them because thats what they want. The tattoo is for their purpose and it doesn't have to be shown because at the end of the day tattoo was their idea and has meaning to them.

PS - not calling this out to you or anyone, just making a point.
having to put it at the bottom of your foot. ive always thought tattoos were a way to express yourself to the world around you, so whats the point if nobody will ever see it? But i do agree, it should mean something to you whether its immediately visible or not.

having to put it at the bottom of your foot. ive always thought tattoos were a way to express yourself to the world around you, so whats the point if nobody will ever see it? But i do agree, it should mean something to you whether its immediately visible or not.
Obviously to different people, they have different purposes/meanings/significance. Sometimes it is for their own reason and they don't want others to see it. Some girls in my school have tattoos (all of them 13-17) of the name of a family member who passed away a few months ago. They are in a hidden spot and the girls are very self-concious about them. However, they are there to show that the person will always be "close to their heart". If you ask about them, they just kind of brush off the question and won't talk about it. They don't go showing them off or anything. The only time you'll ever see it is if one of them is in a bathing suit.

Obviously to different people, they have different purposes/meanings/significance. Sometimes it is for their own reason and they don't want others to see it. Some girls in my school have tattoos (all of them 13-17) of the name of a family member who passed away a few months ago. They are in a hidden spot and the girls are very self-concious about them. However, they are there to show that the person will always be "close to their heart". If you ask about them, they just kind of brush off the question and won't talk about it. They don't go showing them off or anything. The only time you'll ever see it is if one of them is in a bathing suit.
and thats nice and very touching.

its just my personal opinion that the bottom of the foot is a pointless place to put a tattoo. and thats all.

If you really want a good place to hide it, the inside of your bottom lip is the best. But not too many people aren't up for that...

I have had a lip tattoo and it isn't worth the money because they tend to fade very quickly. I got mine done right after high school 5 years ago and it is already faded to the point of being barely visable.

If you can get it to fit I would say the back of your neck up by your hairline. That is where I want my next one because it is easily hidden with my long hair. As far as white ink, it is a good idea but I know the tattoo places around me will not do white ink unless the person is naturally very tan because it will either fade or not show up well. I am not super tan but I have yellow in part of the tattoo on my foot and it has already faded twice because it is a light color.

Ugh it wouldn't let me edit but I wanted to add that tattoos on the foot are nice because they can be covered with shoes if needed. I have both feet tattooed and the last one I got in August was the best decision I ever made simply because it means so much to me. Problem with tattoos on the foot is that they tend to fade more then tattoos on other parts of the body. I have had the one from August touched up twice because of fading.

My tattoo artist told me once that in his opinion the most painful places he had been tattooed was a tie between behind the knee and near the armpit so beware those are very tender places.

thanks to all my moms lookin out for me, definitely giving it some more pondering :)
but ideas are still welcomed in the meantime!

Are you calling a tattoo pointless or having to put it at the bottom of her foot?

Personally there is nothing wrong with having to hide a tattoo, some people get tattoos in places to that people won't ever see them because thats what they want. The tattoo is for their purpose and it doesn't have to be shown because at the end of the day tattoo was their idea and has meaning to them.

PS - not calling this out to you or anyone, just making a point.

You're absolutely right C. I think most people who get them are doing them for their own personal reason's and in a descrete spot. I totally get that.

However, reading this thread as a parent and seeing the title of the thread........Good "hidden" Places for a tattoo.........It just looked like she wanted to hide it from someone. I took a flying leap and assumed she was "hiding" it from her parents. And my answer meant..........if you're hiding it from your parents maybe you shouldn't get one. LMAO

Which is why I should probably stay off y'alls threads huh?

But again, I love you Chrissy and you know it. And I love Courtney too! (Even if we disagree) HEHEHE

You're absolutely right C. I think most people who get them are doing them for their own personal reason's and in a descrete spot. I totally get that.

However, reading this thread as a parent and seeing the title of the thread........Good "hidden" Places for a tattoo.........It just looked like she wanted to hide it from someone. I took a flying leap and assumed she was "hiding" it from her parents. And my answer meant..........if you're hiding it from your parents maybe you shouldn't get one. LMAO

Which is why I should probably stay off y'alls threads huh?

But again, I love you Chrissy and you know it. And I love Courtney too! (Even if we disagree) HEHEHE

lol! you know I'm a good kid, no hiding things from the parentals :) I'm almost 20 years old, and I still ask for permission just to go hang out with friends! lol so I would confront her first of course. I just don't want a tattoo somewhere that would prevent me from getting a job in the future. Even at McDonalds, if you have a visible tattoo, they make you cover it up. so I suppose maybe hidden was the wrong word, though that's why I put it in quotations. it was more of a "discreet" spot. :)

Oooh can you post a pic. I really want one.

Here's a pic from the first day I got it (the ONLY time it was "pink-ish", but that's because it was super swollen) It looks nasty at first but I promise it only lasted a day (Sorry it's so big!):
2ytu3hw.jpg

This is what it looks like now (sorry it's not very clear, the camera on my phone sucks!):
29fr2hz.jpg

It's a lot clearer in person and it'd help if I actually had a tan haha but like I said, it's not pink at all now! It basically just looks like my skintone.
The reason I got white ink was because it kind of has a scar look to it and I wanted the word Forgiven to look more like it was IN my skin, not like I had written ON my skin. It's also very discrete, especially with a watch or bracelet over it.
:)

Here's a pic from the first day I got it (the ONLY time it was "pink-ish", but that's because it was super swollen) It looks nasty at first but I promise it only lasted a day (Sorry it's so big!):
2ytu3hw.jpg

This is what it looks like now (sorry it's not very clear, the camera on my phone sucks!):
29fr2hz.jpg

It's a lot clearer in person and it'd help if I actually had a tan haha but like I said, it's not pink at all now! It basically just looks like my skintone.
The reason I got white ink was because it kind of has a scar look to it and I wanted the word Forgiven to look more like it was IN my skin, not like I had written ON my skin. It's also very discrete, especially with a watch or bracelet over it.
:)

That's so cool! I want one right there that says believe. I never thought to get it in white ink but I probably would now. It kinda reminds me of tan lines that you get from a silly band. Like if you lay out with a silly band on your stomach or something?

That's so cool! I want one right there that says believe. I never thought to get it in white ink but I probably would now. It kinda reminds me of tan lines that you get from a silly band. Like if you lay out with a silly band on your stomach or something?

...or just tanning stickers
lol but i like it

Back