OT Good "hidden" Places For A Tattoo

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i have two on my chest/shoulder.. one near my collarbone and one higher up, closer to the front of my shoulder. unless i'm wearing a tank top or a scoop neck shirt, you can't see the one near my shoulder- and you probably wouldn't be wearing those to any job where you can't have visible tattoos! i love the placement of it because it's very easy to hide but also very easy to show off.

I have 4 tattoos. They all have meaning and can all be hidden:
I have one on my wrist, and I can hide that with a thick bracelet, which I did for over two years at my previous job.
One on the top of my foot, obviously we all know how that can be hidden.
One on the back of my neck, and I have long hair, you can only see it when I have my hair in a mess on top of my head.
And the last one is on my butt.... which didn't hurt at all. Not that its a highly desired place to get a tattoo, it is by far the least painful.
Granted, none of the rest of mine were in much better places, but the more "meat" lets say (I don't want to say fat, because it's not just fat) between the tattoo and your bones, then less it will hurt. The thin skin on the top of your foot, and back of your neck or anywhere on your spine will be much more painful. The back of your knee would hurt because thats just a sensitive area that is rarely touched.... you sit on your butt everyday.

PS. Tattoos can rub off easier than you think. I had a friend get one on the outside of her foot, and unless she wore flip-flops 24/7, there was no stopping her shoes from rubbing. And less than two years later it looked like a bunch of random black lines. Just something to keep in mind on placement.

This is what it looks like now (sorry it's not very clear, the camera on my phone sucks!):
29fr2hz.jpg

It's a lot clearer in person and it'd help if I actually had a tan haha but like I said, it's not pink at all now! It basically just looks like my skintone.
The reason I got white ink was because it kind of has a scar look to it and I wanted the word Forgiven to look more like it was IN my skin, not like I had written ON my skin. It's also very discrete, especially with a watch or bracelet over it.
:)

I love this, and have never heard or thought of the white.... might be my next tattoo!

I have 6 tattoos (started at age 17, just got my most recent one a couple months ago), and they are also all in places that can be covered up if necessary. Same as a previous poster, they all have meaning to me as well, are very personal, and while I like to show them off, I don't think it's necessary.

1) A small blue rose on my right ankle (actually copied from a painting I did in high school)
2) A baby dragon hatching out of an egg on my back, on/just above my left shoulder blade. I have a super high pain tolerance, and this was, by far, the most painful spot, especially over the muscle.
3) The Chinese character for "force" on my left shoulder
4) A "tramp stamp" LOL
5) One blue and one red intertwined roses on my right hip (not on the front on the hipbone, but actually on the side of my hip)
6) A rising phoenix on the back of my neck, from my hairline to top of my back

If I were to recommend a spot, based on my experiences, I'd actually recommend the side of your hip. It is easy to cover, didn't hurt much at all, and held up well through pregnancy.

Just some advice, think of what type of career you might want to have prior to getting the tattoo. A few of the locations mentioned on here that might be good hiding places, really aren't - such as the back of neck or wrist. Certain jobs are really strict, such as some law enforcement agencies, the Coast Guard, etc.

I worked for a large police department that drastically changed the tattoo policy when a new chief took over. We had a male officer covered with beautiful tattoos who ended up wearing long sleeved shirts all the time and had to get some removed from the back of his neck, near his hairline, that showed in uniform.

Now my dad had two butterflies, one on each side if his bottom! The only time I ever saw them was when he was wearing some thin Navy issue boxers. Yes, he was a character!

Sorry to hack a little Chrissy!

But @KikiD22 and @kfans88, did your neck ones hurt a lot? That's the place where I am going to get my next one, and was wondering how much pain I should expect! It's going to be like right below my neck/top of my back, where it can be hidden with like a normal shirt.

Sorry to hack a little Chrissy!

But @KikiD22 and @kfans88, did your neck ones hurt a lot? That's the place where I am going to get my next one, and was wondering how much pain I should expect! It's going to be like right below my neck/top of my back, where it can be hidden with like a normal shirt.

it only hurt when they hit certain parts of my spine, but the top of my foot was way worse.

it only hurt when they hit certain parts of my spine, but the top of my foot was way worse.

Really? Well that's good to know, hahah I have one on the top of my foot too, and that one hurt quite a bit, so hopefully it works to same for me as it did for you!

Does anyone have one on the top of their neck? Like bottom of hairline area.

having to put it at the bottom of your foot. ive always thought tattoos were a way to express yourself to the world around you, so whats the point if nobody will ever see it? But i do agree, it should mean something to you whether its immediately visible or not.
as soon as I have the money I'm getting a tattoo in memory of my friend that passed away in September. I'm getting it in a "hidden spot" also, simply because im getting this tattoo for me and not anyone else so I dont think it needs to be where the whole world can see. I'm doing it so I'll always have him with me.

Like I think @kfans88 said, ANYWHERE where you're getting close contact from skin to bone will hurt. A lot. I have a few friends with them, and general consensus is those hurt the worst. Rib area, top of foot, etc. I looked into getting one on the bottom of my foot, but I don't think many artists do them period because they rub off or it's a hard place to get the ink to stay (I wanted 'Walk Tall', one on each foot bottom).. inner lip tattoos fade quick, especially if it's a bad job/the person isn't skilled in it, plus many people won't do them anyway (this girl I know got 'Bite Me' on her birthday, by 3 days later it had faded quite a bit).

I get what you mean, Chrissy. If I ever got a tattoo it would be very small, as hidden as I could make it and would have a lot of personal meaning for me, plus for my 'real' job or my 'day' job, I don't want to have to be constantly covering it up. I have a friend, however, with a GORGEOUS large tattoo that she finally got filled in. It's a beautiful phoenix, and it's from around her ribcage curling down the side to just above her butt. It looks SO beautiful on her..

Back