All-Star Got A Phone Call From Disney Regarding Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im just curious.... what would you suggest my husband and I do with our two minor children who are in the first come, first serve line?? or should we give them our 2 tickets, throw them into the crowd, and then we ourselves wait in line and hope to get in?

Idk, I thought 2 free tickets per family was a pretty sweet deal lol.... I didn't have in mind a "first come, first serve line"... I was thinking more along the lines of, you just pay for any additional tickets that you need outside of the free ones.

I'm not going to read through this whole thread, but IMO, they can make a ticket to get into the MH $200 a piece and those that love to watch worlds are gonna pay it. Don't they realize that All Star cheer is expensive in and of itself so paying more to sit in the MH isn't going to be a problem for most people. You're still going to have the overcrowding issue. WE NEED A BIGGER VENUE PEOPLE!!! I fear that what's gonna happen is that they are going to have the most popular divisions spread out between Epcot and WWS so that they make it impossible or undesirable for fans to sit and watch all day... blah

Really, $200 a piece... so my family of 4 should pay $1600 for the weekend to watch our daughter? on top of the thousands we have paid throughout the year in tuition, and travel to Worlds? That is def. not a rational or realistic solution.

Idk, I thought 2 free tickets per family was a pretty sweet deal lol.... I didn't have in mind a "first come, first serve line"... I was thinking more along the lines of, you just pay for any additional tickets that you need outside of the free ones.

I didnt take it as 2 free tickets.. just two tickets that you def have access to purchase before the general public. And again, what do we do with our 2 other children, under 10??

1. I don't see how the Amway center or anything like it wouldn't be able to accommodate 2 arenas. Split it in half, no? Look at the GCC for Cheersport, they fit like 8 arenas in there. Also, if there was a second location to weed out the at larges, as I mentioned before, there wouldn't be a need for 2 arenas... Just sayin:)

But the at larges weren't the problem with the seating capacity or anything, were they? They all went on Friday to see who made it to prelims, right?

How would you weed them out so there wouldn't be a need for two arenas? They currently have teams competing on Friday and only some move on to Saturday and then even fewer move on to Sunday.

Sorry, I realize that wasn't really made clear... Friday, you have the Battle of the At Large going on somewhere else and you take the top 5 in each division to Saturday's competition. So, using this year's numbers, you would have Saturday competing the followig number of teams:

Sm Sr- 17
Med Sr- 18
Lg Sr- 7
Sm Sr Coed- 27
Med Sr Coed- 17
Lg Sr Coed- 12
IAG5- 9
IOC5- 18
IAG6- 6
IOC6- 9

Then take the top half to finals on Sunday....

OR do the Battle of the At Large by percentage? Maybe take the top 25% to Saturday, which would look more like:

Sm Sr- 20
Med Sr- 15
Lg Sr- 4
Sm Sr Coed- 35
Med Sr Coed- 21
Lg Sr Coed-9
IAG5- 7
IOC5- 24
IAG6-4
IOC6-6

Obviously, not a perfect system, just an idea.... perhaps the At Large Battle could exist only for divisions with more than 20 At Larges? idk...

I didnt take it as 2 free tickets.. just two tickets that you def have access to purchase before the general public. And again, what do we do with our 2 other children, under 10??

Read the original post "2 FREE tickets for family of participants".... So, say it's a $50 ticket... Your kid is competing, you and your husband go for free and you spend $100 so your kids can get in. Make sense?

The good news is that they have almost a whole year to work out the logistics to try to make it better for the athletes, families and spectators. If however they are contracted to stay at Disney it doesn't sound like there are many options to increase the actual size of the venue. Maybe just having assigned seats and tickets sold separately for every session would resolve some of the problems. You wouldn't be able to get there when it opened, save 6 seats and not move from your seats the entire day. Yes some sessions would be more popular (and sold out) than others but as long as the families of the athletes who are competing get a specific # of guaranteed (paid) tickets so that they could actually see their children compete in that session, everyone else getting in as spectators should be an afterthought.

Read the original post "2 FREE tickets for family of participants".... So, say it's a $50 ticket... Your kid is competing, you and your husband go for free and you spend $100 so your kids can get in. Make sense?

yes but how does that solve the overcrowding issue? and what if there are no more tickets for my other 2 children... that is the point I am trying to make. Sorry I think I replied to both your post and someone who also replied to your post!

What if it's Disney that wants out of the contract? We had too many people, we had the nightmare at the Allstar. Who knows what else. If a few kids get out of control at Disneyland's Grad Night the school will get banned for several years. A school I know of got banned for 5 years because of kids trying to sneak liquor in.

In contracts, there are termination clauses. Termination for cause and termination without cause. Plus other outliers. Who knows? We (as a whole) caused some crazy havoc

Just wondering........

What if it's Disney that wants out of the contract? We had too many people, we had the nightmare at the Allstar. Who knows what else. If a few kids get out of control at Disneyland's Grad Night the school will get banned for several years. A school I know of got banned for 5 years because of kids trying to sneak liquor in.

In contracts, there are termination clauses. Termination for cause and termination without cause. Plus other outliers. Who knows? We (as a whole) caused some crazy havoc

Just wondering........

I would guess that if Disney wanted out of the contract, it would have gotten out of it.

Unfortunately the reality of it is, banning one high school from Grad nite just doesn't even remotely come close to the revenue loss from Worlds.

Too bad Disney can't create rules such that if a gym is caught breaking rules, the gym is banned from Disney property. (I know, never gonna happen...)

Just using that as an example of Disney banning organizations, I just know of one school locally, we only have 2 high schools....theres many this has happened to for diff reasons, fighting, shoplifting the list goes on and on. The Disney cops are very busy.

The craziness at the Allstar isnt something new, this may have been the last straw. It gets worse every year. It would be great if they actually did ban gyms from the properties, but USASF would have their hand in that too

If you really want to free up some space and use the same venue here is an idea. Reverse the Varsity imposed edict towards Jamfest that Senior 5 Worlds Division teams can not compete at US Finals. Allow programs to choose whether to end their season with a bid to Jamfest/US Finals or go for a bid at Varsity/USASF Worlds.

My guess is many programs - perhaps many of those that many of the athletes on the FB declare have no reason to be at Worlds because they have no chance at all in winning - would gladly pull themselves out of the Worlds bid hunt if they had a reasonable different option for an end of year event for their level 5's with great competition. That was part of the initial allure of US Finals that got quickly shut down by Varsity.

I am not arguing for Jamfest or against Varsity in this post. I am simply pointing out that it is Varsity/USASF that sells the dream of going to Worlds to all - almost making it seem that if you are not a level 5 and going to Worlds, somehow you are not very good athlete, not on a good team or not at a very good gym; fiercely protects that market at all costs including edicts and potential lawsuits with other EP's to insure it is not watered down and makes the most money possible. This has definitley impacted the number of teams pushing for bids since they have little other reasonable options for a major end of year competition. If they want to continue to sell that dream and protect that market share, they need to get a larger venue.

The teams that still wanted to go for Worlds would. Those who think they would have a better chance going at US Finals would be allowed to. Overcrowding definitely minimized if not solved. JMO.

I think that's a great idea, but I don't think that would ever happen because every team that goes to Worlds brings money. USASF/Disney will not loose money, so they would never give a choice for teams to go elsewhere.

Sorry, I realize that wasn't really made clear... Friday, you have the Battle of the At Large going on somewhere else and you take the top 5 in each division to Saturday's competition. So, using this year's numbers, you would have Saturday competing the followig number of teams:

Sm Sr- 17
Med Sr- 18
Lg Sr- 7
Sm Sr Coed- 27
Med Sr Coed- 17
Lg Sr Coed- 12
IAG5- 9
IOC5- 18
IAG6- 6
IOC6- 9

Then take the top half to finals on Sunday....

OR do the Battle of the At Large by percentage? Maybe take the top 25% to Saturday, which would look more like:

Sm Sr- 20
Med Sr- 15
Lg Sr- 4
Sm Sr Coed- 35
Med Sr Coed- 21
Lg Sr Coed-9
IAG5- 7
IOC5- 24
IAG6-4
IOC6-6

Obviously, not a perfect system, just an idea.... perhaps the At Large Battle could exist only for divisions with more than 20 At Larges? idk...

They had 3 days of competition this year and still couldn't fit everyone into the Milkhouse on Sunday, even with only 10 teams from each senior division advancing. If they can't fit all the finalist teams on Sunday, they certainly can't on Saturday.

Really, $200 a piece... so my family of 4 should pay $1600 for the weekend to watch our daughter? on top of the thousands we have paid throughout the year in tuition, and travel to Worlds? That is def. not a rational or realistic solution.

I don't think that Mclovin was advocating charging that much per ticket, just that raising the price of tickets probably won't be the detractor that USASF thinks it will be. Raising the price of tickets from $25/day to $50 won't scare too many people away.

Back