All-Star Got A Phone Call From Disney Regarding Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Um I won't pay over $1000 for a flight to watch it live stream when I'm there. Sure meeting athletes etc is part of is and so is the atmosphere but I don't pay that much for atmosphere..

Additional venue will not decrease the size of the crowd for the more popular divisions. They need to lower the amount of bids given. This will decrease the amount of spectators. Also they should have people walking around the venue making sure rows upon rows of seats are not being saved. I understand 1 or 2 seats maybe the people got up to use the rest room of went for food but people were saving rows of seats is just unreal.If you eliminate half the unpaid bids that would decrease the crowds. All the teams that get eliminated on Friday and their families then became spectators. Worlds should be for the Best of the Best, so they should make it harder to get there. The problem is its all about $$$$

Additional venue will not decrease the size of the crowd for the more popular divisions. They need to lower the amount of bids given. This will decrease the amount of spectators. Also they should have people walking around the venue making sure rows upon rows of seats are not being saved. I understand 1 or 2 seats maybe the people got up to use the rest room of went for food but people were saving rows of seats is just unreal.If you eliminate half the unpaid bids that would decrease the crowds. All the teams that get eliminated on Friday and their families then became spectators. Worlds should be for the Best of the Best, so they should make it harder to get there. The problem is its all about $$$$
Yepp its ALL about the money! Reducing the amount of teams would for sure reduce the amount of spectators! But they might not do that because they know that they will loose the $500 plus per athlete of the teams not attending anymore

I know parents that just want to watch their kid compete and that don't really want the "Worlds experience." I think those people would be more prone to pay for the cheaper tickets. Why pay $25 each to only watch one routine? However, I'm aware that that this is not the majority of Worlds attendees.

AGREED.

Decreasing bids will help some, but the big chunk of the crowd there are not cheering at all. The crowd who doesn't cheer is growing year after year. I do think that if there are less at large bids then there are going to be less people who make the trip so that frees up seats.

This year they made a HUGE mistake with the way divisions were scheduled. The Jostens was wrapped up at 3pm while the Milkhouse wasn't so all of those people needed to fit in the Milkhouse or go find something else to do. Until a new venue can be used they have to be smart with how they schedule things. Have two popular divisions go at the same time in Jostens and the Milkhouse. If you have Large Senior going the same time as Large Coed that crowd is going to be split a good amount between the two venues. It may also help if they have the International divisions going first thing so that the crowds can trickle in instead of everyone showing up as it opened this year. I don't care if people get upset that they can't watch Large Coed and Large Senior at the same time, it will help withe crowd control.

All of this is just a bandaid though until a real solution can be met.

I don't even think having International as the first division will help as you will have people lining up to mark their seats all day and keeping them tied up. I think if you start out the morning with Large Senior and Large coed at the same time, then have an international division after, that will clear out the venue until the next nigh division and again out on medium senior and medium coed and then maybe another international division and finish up with small senior and small coed or any combination of all girl in one arena and coed in another.

Again a band aid, as more and more spectators are heading to worlds year after year. What I also think they may do is open up the Indiana Jones as an additional venue along with Jostens and the Milkhouse

I don't even think having International as the first division will help as you will have people lining up to mark their seats all day and keeping them tied up. I think if you start out the morning with Large Senior and Large coed at the same time, then have an international division after, that will clear out the venue until the next nigh division and again out on medium senior and medium coed and then maybe another international division and finish up with small senior and small coed or any combination of all girl in one arena and coed in another.

Again a band aid, as more and more spectators are heading to worlds year after year. What I also think they may do is open up the Indiana Jones as an additional venue along with Jostens and the Milkhouse

Yeah have Large Senior and then say the level 6 divisions it will keep thinks a bit more balanced.

They tried using Indiana Jones in 2008 and people hate it because those who want to watch have to pay to get into Hollywood Studios.
They could use the Tent that they used for UCA High School Nationals which is set up within WWoS, but a lot of people complain about competing outside.

I agree with what lakerfantlc said. Sell tickets to each division individually. If you don't have a ticket for Small Senior, you don't watch Small Senior. Period.
This is how it works for figure skating. You can buy individual event tickets, or an All Event pass. Theres only a certain number of All Events, and only a certain number of single event tickets.

Is it ideal, no. Is it how every other sport works...yep. Look at hockey games. They don't sell 20,000 tickets for a 15,000 person venue then mob their way in via rush seating!

They could also have a set number of tickets sold to spectators only and have them for sale in say Janurary and once they are sold out there will be no more sold. Then have separate tickets specifically for families. If you are spectator and get a ticket then cool plan your trip to worlds, if you don't get a ticket then sit at home and watch like everyone else.
If you go to a college basketball game you buy your ticket ahead of time or if they aren't sold out you may be able to buy them at the ticket counter. You can't just up and decide to show up without a ticket and expect to get in if the arena is at capactity. For worlds you have a set number of tickets and those are all that will be sold. They would have to decide on how many tickets are needed to families and make sure those are turned in when the team sends in their forms after they receive their bid.

I agree with what lakerfantlc said. Sell tickets to each division individually. If you don't have a ticket for Small Senior, you don't watch Small Senior. Period.
This is how it works for figure skating. You can buy individual event tickets, or an All Event pass. Theres only a certain number of All Events, and only a certain number of single event tickets.

Is it ideal, no. Is it how every other sport works...yep. Look at hockey games. They don't sell 20,000 tickets for a 15,000 person venue then mob their way in via rush seating!
but how would you control that? They can not clear out the milkhouse between every division that would be more chaotic.

not to be rude...but that was someone else...:) I haven’t chimed in on this....yet;).....but my first thought is get an arena big enough that the consumer doesn’t have to make tough choices....everyone can see everything..:)

Well if they are true to their mission statement to "grow the sport" they certainly will not do it by leaving people outside locked doors or making them choose between divisions to watch. I am curious to know just how much USASF pays to use the venue. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they actually are making money with the built in TV rights and bodies brought to Disney and that is the sticking point of moving.

Back