All-Star Grammar Thread - Have At It

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

can passing this test be a requirement to have a fierce board account?
Quizfreak - Can You Correctly Spell The 11 Most Commonly Misspelled Words?
I've got a bone to pick with the 3 I got wrong- because my answers are commonly accepted versions of the words I got 'incorrect', or they were the stupid American English versions.

Sorry, but I have a fist full of 'judgement' for the "correct" answer 'judgment.' Also, if an 'error' has occurred since the 17th century and is still widely accepted, at what point of existence is it no longer an error? (I'm looking at you, supercede/supersede).

(I'm looking at you, supercede/supersede).

This is the one I got wrong. I've never even seen it spelled supersede. :mad:

(although I did get judgment right - I think I'm the last person on earth that still spells it that way though. I've even had teachers tell me I'm wrong and it's no longer spelled without the 'e'!)

This is the one I got wrong. I've never even seen it spelled supersede. :mad:

(although I did get judgment right - I think I'm the last person on earth that still spells it that way though. I've even had teachers tell me I'm wrong and it's no longer spelled without the 'e'!)
In America. Everywhere else, that E still stands. And apparently most of my literature is not American-based or I've forgotten, because I tend to use the 'e'.

I've got a bone to pick with the 3 I got wrong- because my answers are commonly accepted versions of the words I got 'incorrect', or they were the stupid American English versions.

Sorry, but I have a fist full of 'judgement' for the "correct" answer 'judgment.' Also, if an 'error' has occurred since the 17th century and is still widely accepted, at what point of existence is it no longer an error? (I'm looking at you, supercede/supersede).
i got judgement wrong too. and supercede/supersede cause I never even knew that was a word :confused:

Back