All-Star Gssa-irvine-november 12, 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And him saying a Cali restricted team got grand champs.
No fantasy did.
Check yourself cheerupdates.
I think the mess up with the wrong information is because they did get division champs not grand champs. Also division champs is not necessarily the highest scored team in the level it was all first places in the level and a judges choice from there. Cali restricted got division champs for level 5 and PCM fantasy grand champ which was the highest score of the competition.

From what I heard at awards they got grand champs for all restricted 5 teams.

I think the all or some of the divisions had Division Champs and PCM Fantasy had the Grand Champs of the entire comp, not sure though just what I was told.

I didnt go, which ones do you think were questionable, like I always say "you never know it's GSSA" ;)

I don't want to call out teams / divisions.. but I just don't see how team a can have girls fall flat on their faces versus team b who hits a routine and was decently good/clean and team a wins. when the difficulty&execution was better on team b than a.

Also the warm up are was NOT good a 5 panel "full floor" was a bunch of bull.. I guess gssa is luck that all these teams have worlds teams and are trying to get bid at the gssa competition at san Jose.

I wasn't very impressed by this event this yr.

They also didn't allow parents, athletes, sit to view the teams and cheer them on. Which was redic. Since they've done it before and now all of a sudden no.

Hopefully its better next yr

I think the mess up with the wrong information is because they did get division champs not grand champs. Also division champs is not necessarily the highest scored team in the level it was all first places in the level and a judges choice from there. Cali restricted got division champs for level 5 and PCM fantasy grand champ which was the highest score of the competition.
Total understandable mix up. But when I tweeted at cheerupdates to tell him that we got grand he didn't do anything and hadn't even mentioned anything about Fantasy.
If you're gonna do that call yourself caliupdates.

Smoed and Mysterious had a bad day. I have seen Smoed this season and they were way better than yesterday. Don't be so quick to judge these two teams. It's only the beginning of the season and these two are always amazing by Worlds. Fantasy did very well. They have great stunts but in my opinion they need to step it up some on their tumbling. Fantasy got grand champs and Cali Sr Restricted got division champs. As far as cheerupdates he is not a Cali mom.

Cheerupdates can ask me, I am at the competitions all day as a coach and Im not biased and will tell it like it is.

Back