All-Star Gssa, Wsf, Bubt, American Grand Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Like there not aloud or they just didn't accept it?

A lot of gyms won't accept them. They feel if they aren't good enough to get a paid bid, they aren't good enough to win or make finals at worlds, so they don't see the point in going. So they don't been take an at large bid, they let someone else get it.

well, they're allowed to, but they may not accept them. There are many programs that will not accept at large bids. They will only attend on a paid.
Oh ya I remember the did that once. I hope they get a paid there one of my favorite teams

Flyers beat ops ... Ops raw score I think a point lower ... Bids were judges choice obviously there going to give the two teams they gave bids to last year and won worlds it's not fair IMO but it's happens and it makes sense for them to do that!

All I'm saying is I'm waiting for the scores to be posted because there's been multiple issues with scores this weekend. Teams winning that had physically lower scores & drops over teams that didn't. & don't take this to mean I'm against flyers, I'm not I actually really liked them this weekend.

cheerUPDATES ‏@cheerUPDATES 18s
Top Gun I salute you! Class act! TOP GUN HAS PASSED THEIR PAID TO CEA COED ELITE. I have tears!
Seven biscuits on rye what is this madness?!?!

Granted- on the one hand it's not completely ridiculous. In the sense that 1) I can't imagine the worlds costs for TGLC are particularly high as they're in Florida and 2) I'm sure they'd get another one very easy.

That being said- I can't imagine it being hard for Coed to get one either. Any particular reasoning? It's a lovely gesture, but I just can't wrap my brain around it?

Granted- on the one hand it's not completely ridiculous. In the sense that 1) I can't imagine the worlds costs for TGLC are particularly high as they're in Florida and 2) I'm sure they'd get another one very easy.

That being said- I can't imagine it being hard for Coed to get one either. Any particular reasoning? It's a lovely gesture, but I just can't wrap my brain around it?

Because this "judge's choice" business is crap. The highest scoring teams should get the money, period. I think it's just a small act of saying "that's not fair, you messed up, and we're going to do the right thing."

According the cheerUpdates the only reason Coed Elite didn't originally get the paid bid is due to BUTB declaring that they won't give two paid bids to the same gym (SE got the first paid bid) so I'm assuming Top Gun thought that was ridiculous and did what they thought was right.

Back