All-Star Gssa, Wsf, Bubt, American Grand Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Seven biscuits on rye what is this madness?!?!

Granted- on the one hand it's not completely ridiculous. In the sense that 1) I can't imagine the worlds costs for TGLC are particularly high as they're in Florida and 2) I'm sure they'd get another one very easy.

That being said- I can't imagine it being hard for Coed to get one either. Any particular reasoning? It's a lovely gesture, but I just can't wrap my brain around it?
well, perhaps they felt coed elite earned it with their win

Amazing what Top Gun did. I would think it's because they felt Coed Elite deserved it since they won the division. cheerupdates said the bid was originally given to TG because the competition company reserves the right not to give the paid bids to the same program

BblIs0kCcAANUXo.jpg:large

According the cheerUpdates the only reason Coed Elite didn't originally get the paid bid is due to BUTB declaring that they won't give two paid bids to the same gym (SE got the first paid bid) so I'm assuming Top Gun thought that was ridiculous and did what they thought was right.

Ok, I'm an idiot. But if an EP said they won't give two paids to the same program, couldn't they just pass up coed and go to someone else?

did Coed Elite accept it? I mean theyre pretty much guaranteed to get one too. I would feel like I didnt deserve it if I was on the team.

but Miami sure does have some class!!

See if I were on TGLC I would probably feel like I didn't deserve it after coming in 2nd to Coed Elite.

Either way, I think we need to give a big shout out to Victor and Kristen for leading an extremely classy program and coaching their kids for life, and not just for cheerleading.

well, perhaps they felt coed elite earned it with their win
Fair enough. :p

I'm not saying there's like some secret ulterior motive or that it's like some trade off back-door coaches business where they trade this bid, for this coed guy, and will drop this stunt at this moment blah blah blah lol.

I knew BUTBT had the policy that it's EP/judges choice (whichever you want to call it, although some would argue the two are very distinct choices). I might have been vaguely aware of them not always wanting to give it to the same gyms. I haven't seen CE from today, nor am I aware of the point spread for other teams in comparison. I had no point of reference, so I was a bit confused. It's generous, to be sure.

Ok, I'm an idiot. But if an EP said they won't give two paids to the same program, couldn't they just pass up coed and go to someone else?
Maybe TGLC had the highest score of the competition after Coed Elite so that's how they determined who it would be passed onto? That's just me speculating, of course.

I just tweeted that. TG can decline their bid, but at that point the EP has to decide who's next in line. They don't have to give it to coed elite, but I'm not sure that TG can just give their bid to a specific team.

i can somewhat understand as to why they would not give bids to the same program in one comp... but my other bigger question would be, does top gun really need a full paid bid to go to worlds, i mean they are in the same state as worlds. have they ever gone to worlds on a partial bid, etc.

i can somewhat understand as to why they would not give bids to the same program in one comp... but my other bigger question would be, does top gun really need a full paid bid to go to worlds, i mean they are in the same state as worlds. have they ever gone to worlds on a partial bid, etc.

They might not have to fly, but they need hotel rooms. Miami isn't that close to Orlando. It's nearly $300 just to compete. In any case, TG will have no problem getting another paid bid.

Back