All-Star Gymtyme 2011-2012!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think Black should have made finals in 2010, not really last year. Last year I agree with it
but this year.. this, to me, looks like a first place routine.

I do wish the scoresheet was more balanced to reward all around teams, but what ya gonna do?
I think this is actually the main point. Most, if not all of the international teams outside of the USA can't hang with us when it comes to tumbling. Slowly but surely, the international committee has given more points to builds versus tumbling because other countries said they would no longer participate at worlds if the playgrounds weren't evened out to a certain extent. Otherwise no team in any other country would stand a chance against a USA team (GT, Spirit, CA, TG, etc...). This is the best that IASF/USASF could do to get a balance going so real international teams would stay in the game outside of the USA. Granted it's more favored for them versus the USA. But without those teams, I think it would void the concept of the term "Worlds". Besides, if teams like Bangkok and Thailand keep doing the crazy stuff they are doing, then no USA team is going to stand a chance to hold on to that gold medal, mainly in the International 6 division...

I think this is actually the main point. Most, if not all of the international teams outside of the USA can't hang with us when it comes to tumbling. Slowly but surely, the international committee has given more points to builds versus tumbling because other countries said they would no longer participate at worlds if the playgrounds weren't evened out to a certain extent. Otherwise no team in any other country would stand a chance against a USA team (GT, Spirit, CA, TG, etc...). This is the best that IASF/USASF could do to get a balance going so real international teams would stay in the game outside of the USA. Granted it's more favored for them versus the USA. But without those teams, I think it would void the concept of the term "Worlds". Besides, if teams like Bangkok and Thailand keep doing the crazy stuff they are doing, then no USA team is going to stand a chance to hold on to that gold medal, mainly in the International 6 division...

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but since you brought it up it needs to be stated once again... First of all Bangkok is an AMAZING team! What they did in the video posted was mind blowing in reference to pyramids! but having said that according to the USASF/IASF rules (as they were written in black and white) Almost every structure Bangkok did was illegal simply based on number of spotters for the girls who were 2 1/2 high. Not only that Bangkok "knowingly" competed with an illegal amount of males on the floor.

"LAST YEAR" the rule was clearly stated prior to the competition a specified limit of 12 boys and 12 girls obviously a max total of 24 overall. Bangkok competed with 15 boys and 9 girls. Ironically since the "controversy" the new USASF/IASF rules for 2012 allow for 15 boys and 9 girls. The problem I have has absolutely nothing to do with an international team getting better and potentially good enough to beat a US team, instead it has everything to do with it being done legitimately. Had any US team "knowingly" competed with an illegal amount of athletes that team would have been disqualified period.

Another interesting piece of knowledge that a lot of people don't understand is how the score sheet is written for IOC6. "LAST YEAR" There was a MAX TOTAL of 70 points a team was eligible for in the "pyramid" category. So lets say Bangkok received a perfect score of 70 for their pyramids it begs the question about the 280+ score they received where did the other 210 points come from with ZERO single based coed stunts, ZERO double fulls during running tumbling, MANY standing tucks that touched out, a back tuck that was hands on spotted by another team member on the floor and decent baskets?

The "tie" that was issued in IOC6 last year came b/c of the 15 point deduction that Bangkok received for their 3 illegal males on the floor. Given the factual information from above means Bangkok's raw score was a 295 point something before the deduction. With the skills they did perform on the floor and the score sheet written the way it is, it is mathematically impossible for Bangkok to have scored as high has they did...

Again, while I know I'm beating a dead horse, this isn't about not wanting an international team to do well or win I simply want it done fairly and LEGALLY. Say World Cup Shooting Stars or F5 or Cheer Extreme came on to the floor with more girls than allowed and b/c of those extra girls they were able to do certain skills that they otherwise would not be capable of doing and they were simply given a deduction and allowed to still be co-champions... What kind of riot do you think would have started then? I would also like to state for the record again I think Bangkok is amazing and regardless of legality what they did do with their pyramids was absolutely incredible! Also the video that was posted was from their ICU performance and NOT the performance they did for the IASF/USASF Worlds.

People keep talking about how the US needs to step up to do pryamids like Bangkok but forget that legally they can't with the amount of boys allowed on the floor. Even with 15 it still isn't enough to do everything that they did.

I think that Black looks great, I am sure that by the time worlds come around they will have a routine to match the scoresheet, but I also don't see James or the other coaches involved watering down their tumbling because that is what they do, they tumble their butts off. I want to see Joey Mastrocola and Santwon throwing crazy passes because it is what they are amazing at.

I just can't wait to see these routines to their actual music. When is the next time these teams will be competing? I was sad that Nfinity was on the WSF schedule but didn't perform.

People keep talking about how the US needs to step up to do pryamids like Bangkok but forget that legally they can't with the amount of boys allowed on the floor. Even with 15 it still isn't enough to do everything that they did.

I think that Black looks great, I am sure that by the time worlds come around they will have a routine to match the scoresheet, but I also don't see James or the other coaches involved watering down their tumbling because that is what they do, they tumble their butts off. I want to see Joey Mastrocola and Santwon throwing crazy passes because it is what they are amazing at.

I just can't wait to see these routines to their actual music. When is the next time these teams will be competing? I was sad that Nfinity was on the WSF schedule but didn't perform.

Nfinity will be at Cheersport with a FULL routine you can rest assured for that one :) For the record I feel we've definitely stepped up our pyramids as much as possible legally...

Nfinity will be at Cheersport with a FULL routine you can rest assured for that one :) For the record I feel we've definitely stepped up our pyramids as much as possible legally...

I think many of the IOC6 teams here in the US will step up their pyramids as much as they can, but it seems that others want to see these teams do pyramids like Bangkok yet they forget it can't be done here especially since we can only have 12 on the floor for bid comps.

Back