All-Star Hair Extensions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my gym requires girls with shorter hair to wear extensions because our competition hair is a curled ponytail and it basically looks bad with short hair. I only use my extensions for competitions but I love them. they start to get uncomfortable after wearing them an entire day but it really does make your whole team look better and in uniform. I got mine from Sally's so i would suggest to check there but don't get the really expensive ones. I got the $60 ones and they work perfectly. the extensions over $100 are just a waste of money especially since they're for cheer and all the hairspray and teasing will just ruin them so why waste the money?

I got my weave in! I prefer getting them sewn in because my hair won't fall out or mess up. But if you put them on correctly and make sure your clips are secure, it'll be great! But once I had on my clip ins during practice and my flyer kinda grabbed my hair on her way down, so be cautious! You don't want your weave all willy-nilly at the comp!

I got my weave in! I prefer getting them sewn in because my hair won't fall out or mess up. But if you put them on correctly and make sure your clips are secure, it'll be great! But once I had on my clip ins during practice and my flyer kinda grabbed my hair on her way down, so be cautious! You don't want your weave all willy-nilly at the comp!

i was thinking about getting one but i'm not sure! how long do they stay in? and is it hard to like wash your hair and everything with them in?

i was thinking about getting one but i'm not sure! how long do they stay in? and is it hard to like wash your hair and everything with them in?

No! You can use dry shampoo! But I don't really regularly wash my my hair until after a couple weeks. And if it's good, they stay in for about a month or two! sometimes three!

My daugheter and her flyer wore extension almost at every cheer competition, between both of them they tumble, stunt, fly and everything else and never had a problem. They are expensive but to make them last we made sure we stored them correctly after every use and once a month we washed them with shampoo, dried on a towel and combed them out. If you take care of them they will last for a while. They also wore them at prom. Good luck!

Someone on my team extensions fell out once. I have a video and you can see her take them out of her hair and throw them off the stage. They landed right in front of the team that was going next. After the performance she went over and just picked up her hair and walked off. The look on that teams face was hilarious.

im planning on wearing mine to compete. I paid 145 for them at Sally's. They have already lasted twice as long as my 60 dollar one.

Im wearing them in my avi :p

i competed in them once but my hair was so thin i felt like they we going to slide right out. They didn't though so you should be fine

13/26 girls on my team wore them all season and we didn't have any problems! We wore our hair poof pony straight and half up half down curled. We had a couple grown out bobs and none of them had any issues either. Just take your time to put them in correctly and you will be fine! We all tumbled without issues.

I know this is an old thread but I'm thinking about doing this this season too. Does anyone have any tips or advice (Maybe even a video) Explaining exactly how to put them in for cheer hair? I want it to look natural and have no issues on the mat but don't know where to start! No one on my team does this as they all have beautifully long hair...Apart from me! We have half up half down curled too :)

question- does anyone use clip-in hair extensions to make their hair longer for competitions? i am interested in buying some JUST for cheerleading (hence why i want clip ins).
i have a (grown out) bob and it's not quite long enough to curl but IMO its too long to wear half-up/half-down and straight.
I do, but only because I have really natural tight curly hair and I straighten my hair every day, so because of damage I have to add the clip ins to get the nice spiral ponty tail curls, I tumble , jump and everything.. they dont move!!

My flyer used to wear them, I think because her hair is so thin and short. They were clip ins also, matched perfect, and the only problem we saw with them was she would clip them in with her hair down, but when she put her hair in a pony tail the snapped part would flip up and you could see it poking out, if you were looking closely enough though.

But if you're wearing your hair down I think you'll be fine also. I put them in for fun once (she's blond and I'm a brunette so it was BEAUTIFUL) and they weren't going anywhere.
for the pony tail, I flip myhead upside down and put a few in upside down so when I pull the pony back the clips lay flat with the rest of my hair, so natural and easy..no one can tell have them unless I go in to practice in a messy bun

Back