All-Star Half Top Vs. Full Tops

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i always felt lucky that the gym i cheered at always chose to have full tops. i've never had the body for a crop top and would never feel comfortable performing in one... i'd also like to add that i probably would have felt awkward and like i stuck out like a sore thumb if i was the one girl in a full top while everyone else was in a crop top.

i've seen lots of crop tops that i've loved and lots of full tops that i've loved as well, and plenty of both that i haven't been such a fan of. i believe that both cuts have equal potential to look well designed, flashy, and athletic. if you have a team of thin and very fit athletes that will all look great in a crop top, go for it! i think that the physique of the cheerleaders should play one of the biggest parts in uniform design. while it may not impact your score, i think that a uniform that looks consistently flattering and clean on all the kids rounds out the total package of what you put out on the floor.

Some girls in my team goes on a "soup diet" to look good in a half top uniform. They are not big, but yeah... We all know how girls are. I don't think that would happen if we had full tops. I like both full tops and half tops! Both have their pros and cons.

I'm kind of on the fence because I have worn both a half top and a full top. Personally I like half-tops, It was much easier for me to move around. The full top used to ride up a lot after any type of movement. Uniforms should be the gym's/coaches/owners decisions, BUT they should take different body types into consideration. I think everyone should look uniform and feel good about themselves in their uniform. Colors, lines, and uniform designs all should be taken into consideration when designing uniforms.

well how about doing half tops for the people who want them and for the girls who may not feel as though that would be comfortable for them do full tops...if Im not mistaken stingrays does this and it doesnt take away from the owerall look as long as their "clean" looking unis

no stingrays has 1/2 tops for the whole program

As a dad, I would rather see my kids in a full top. I have seen some unflattering uniforms that in my opinion should not be worn. I also think the full tops would be better as we try to further the legitimacy of this sport. We don't need to give anyone anymore reason to discredit these kids and this sport. Just my opinion.

Back