Half Tops Or Full Tops?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Half! Full is just annoying while tumbling and stuff. And I also agree the half have the "it" factor, it is what stands out for All-star cheerleaders.

Even though my team has half-tops, I say full-tops, because everyone's body does not look the same. While lots of people can wear half-tops and look fine, including me, some people cant. People have different shaped bodies, and if you are bigger boned a full-top is much more flattering. And it looks better for your gym to not have larger girls with their stomachs hanging out.

I feel that half tops are best suited for allstar cheerleading because it sets us aside from high school cheerleading. However, I know there is some arguements made on the subject of heavier set girls wearing them. My personal opinion on that matter is that if they feel confident enough with their body to perform in their half top, than that is great. This means that the coaches have done their job. Because isn't that part of cheerleading............to help boost girls confidence, not tear them down by putting them in a full top to "hide their flaws".

Both styles of tops have a place. I agree with a previous post, I would much rather see a young girl (mini/youth age) with a tummy than a 15-18 year old with a pooch. Imo, pooches have no place in cheer! How does that help the "athletic" image cheerleading so desprately desires? Cheerleaders are not offensive/defensive lineman! If you know that your gym is going to wear a half-top, then make sure you have a body that will enchance that uniform, not distract from it.

Half tops, half tops are much easier to cheer in. I've cheered in both and I prefer half. When you wear full tops they get really hot.

My gym has full tops. They are comfortable to tumble in and I don't see the problem with them. Although half tops look more allstar, full tops will make cheerleaders less self conscious and more thinking about the routine and the performance rather than the way they look in a half top... I think that half tops look great on fit girls, but I am not that fit and I would not be that comfortable in a half top. If I was physically fit, I would most definetly want a half top! :)So if a gym wants half tops, I think they should ask their cheerleaders about the decision first. :)

I agree with the age comment: full tops for younger girls, half tops for older girls! I do like how full tops look though, I think that it makes the teams look more uniform (especially for college and high school).

I do prefer the half tops as opposed to full tops. As a tumbler, I feel as though the half tops are more comfortable. However, the gym that I am currently at does have the full tops. The owners said that gym is more for modesty than style. I do understand because it's a newer gym and there are younger children in the gym. The gym also does have some of the larger girls and some find it uncomfortable for girls with bigger midriffs to have half tops.

Back