All-Star Halloween Costume For Practice/open Gym 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
Instead of bringing up an old thread, just started a new one. Any great ideas for costumes that are also practice friendly? WE is having a Halloween Themed Open Gym fundraiser for Black Ops. One CP mentioned being Ronda Rousey. Besides a black sports bra and black Nike pros any ideas how to make it stand out that she is suppose to be Ronda Rousey? If not, wants Jasmine from Aladdin. Other CP mentioned Mickey or Minnie mouse.

Last edited:
Instead of bringing up an old thread, just started a new one. Any great ideas for costumes that are also practice friendly? WE is having a Halloween Themed Open Gym fundraiser for Black Ops. One CP mentioned being Ronda Rousey. Besides a black sports bra and black Nike pros any ideas how to make it stand out that she is suppose to be Ronda Rousey? If not, wants Jasmin from Aladdin. Other CP mentioned Mickey or Minnie mouse.
Black gloves and a fake belt?

If I want to add silver iron on letters UFC what would be the best way to do that? Iron on letters?

Maybe leather gloves with the finger tips cut off. Like just above the knuckles, so if she's a base(?) it's easier for basing. I would buy letters that you can iron on that are sold at craft stores.

Definitely the fingerless gloves. Also, you could add a mouth guard - even the cheap ones come in a variety of colors. :)

Last year my littlebug and her bestie went as the "bling bandits"... Black Nike capris, black sports bra, dollar store mask, and dollar store gloves. Pillow case painted to look like a $$ bag for goodies... It was super cute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried ironing the letters on to her sports bra/shorts, but they won't stay on good. They keep coming off. Any secret to reapplying/making them stay on?

I tried ironing the letters on to her sports bra/shorts, but they won't stay on good. They keep coming off. Any secret to reapplying/making them stay on?
You either didn't iron long enough and the glue didn't get hot enough to stick or ironed too long and the glue melted too much.

You could try using some heavy duty heat n bond. Apply to the letters first and then try re-ironing.

Onto what material are you ironing the letters?

Edited because I messed up the last sentence.

Last edited:
That would be so perfect! I got them to stay on the shorts, but they refused to stay on the top. I am going to go back to Hobby Lobby and buy that heavy duty heat n bond tomorrow. Is it easy to apply?

That would be so perfect! I got them to stay on the shorts, but they refused to stay on the top. I am going to go back to Hobby Lobby and buy that heavy duty heat n bond tomorrow. Is it easy to apply?
You could iron it on the back of the letters first. Then, trim the excess off. I would iron the bra where the letters go so that they will stick a bit. Put the letters where they need to go and iron from the backside/inside of the bra.

Back