Handspring Step Out Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What level do you tumble/cheer at?

• Total voters
Jan 3, 2012
So, I have 2 questions:
1. How can I not skip in a front handspring stepout? (If I skip in a front handspring roundoff 3 , I can do it perfect, but if I don't, I can barely do 2 (backhandsprings))

2. I absolutely SUCK at backhandspring stepouts! Running and standing! Help?!?' I need it by June.

I don't understand your first question! haha:) but for your second question just try pushing through your shoulders in your back handspring and letting one leg go over before the other! Keep working on it and I know you will get the skill!:) Hope this helped!

I don't understand your first question! haha:) but for your second question just try pushing through your shoulders in your back handspring and letting one leg go over before the other! Keep working on it and I know you will get the skill!:) Hope this helped![/quote

I'm saying anytime I do any pass with front handspring stepout roundoff handspring I skip then go into the roundoff. My coach is trying to make me stop, but if I don't skip, I can barely do two handsprings. But if I do skip I can throw front handspring stepout roundoff three with no problem

I think the skip is giving you a bit more power into the second RO and then the BHS. Make sure you get a good strong hurdle into the RO and snap your feet down quick to give you the same power without the skip.

BHS stepouts, work them down the cheese first to get the feeling. Then start them on the floor. I find I get less pop off the floor with them, so stay strong through your arms and shoulders, and keep your arms up by your ears. Proper form is important

For stepouts, you have to have really good control and awareness. I could never really do them until I hurt my ankle and had to to keep from landing on it. Even then they were really awkward until I figured out the timing. Have someone spot you maybe? You have to separate your legs before you think, you can't wait until they're almost down. You have to be aware of where your legs are and be able to control them or you won't be able to do it.

On your FHS through get your arms up as fast as possible. Block through your shoulders when you're in the handstand position and then arms up fast and reach really far out into your RO. Think fast feet, fast arms. Practice doing just FHS RO until you can do that with as much speed and momentum as a regular running RO.

Back