All-Star Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 13, 2011
Theres this one gym I was going to try out for (i dont want to say who) but I was looking at the tryout packet andthe fes were rediculous! For the smallest things such as a fee for getting a cell phone taken away you would have to pay 25! Just to get it back, and just to be registered at the gym would cost 250$ my mom right away said I couldnt try out because of how crazy the fees were, has anyone ever heard of fees like this? Cause I went to other gyms and their fees werent like that.

Theres this one gym I was going to try out for (i dont want to say who) but I was looking at the tryout packet andthe fes were rediculous! For the smallest things such as a fee for getting a cell phone taken away you would have to pay 25! Just to get it back, and just to be registered at the gym would cost 250$ my mom right away said I couldnt try out because of how crazy the fees were, has anyone ever heard of fees like this? Cause I went to other gyms and their fees werent like that.

I have never heard of a gym doing that, but I'm fairly sure they do that to week out the ones that aren't truly dedicated. We have that problem at our gym (so many of the kids just do it for fun) and it is very hard on a team. So as a parent I can guarentee you that I would not let my daughter join if I didn't think she was truly dedicated. I can barly afford what we do now, I'm not about to throw away money cause she can't step away from her cell phone for 2 hours.

Please don't think that I think your mother doesn't believe in you. I would be able to afford to take my daughter there anyway....even if she really wanted to. That kind of gym is just way out of my budget and I'm fairly sure it is your mom's budget also.

A lot of gyms have registration fees which you have to pay when you accept a spot on a team. Never heard of $250, but perhaps that's the going rate in some parts of the country.

A lot of gyms have registration fees which you have to pay when you accept a spot on a team. Never heard of $250, but perhaps that's the going rate in some parts of the country.
Its in socal and other gyms I looked at has reasonable prices. I taljed to a froend that used to cheer at that gym and she said the owners make the ptices soo high so they can use the extra money for themselves, not for gym use.

I would hope that with the registration fee being so high, something else has to be included. Does the registration fee pay for practice clothes, is a portion of competition fees already factored into this amount, or maybe the gym has to purchase uniforms for each athlete?!? IDK, but it does seem like a lot to charge simply for registration if nothing else is included.

I would hope that with the registration fee being so high, something else has to be included. Does the registration fee pay for practice clothes, is a portion of competition fees already factored into this amount, or maybe the gym has to purchase uniforms for each athlete?!? IDK, but it does seem like a lot to charge simply for registration if nothing else is included.
Nope, its just to be registered, also when you get injured you have to still pay the monthly fees till you heal and pay for the person who takes your spot. You have to buy practice clothes seperatly and uniforms sepertaly also

Yes, I have heard of a gym in So Cal that does that. Fees for not wearing the right clothing, being late or missing, etc. I guess you choose what gym you want to be affiliated with. You either pay or choose a different gym. There are plenty in So Cal to choose from who dont charge ridiculous fees.

I know if kids show up to practice and they don't have on the right shirts or a bow then they have to purchase a new top or bow OR their parent better get the items there immediately. It sucks but it keeps the kids following the rules for the most part because the parents do NOT want to keep paying for new tops and bows. I like the cell phone idea. The kids don't even get to bring any of their belongings into the gym so I haven't seen a problem with this at our gym. Rules are in place for a reason, and while you may not agree with all of them you must still abide by them :)

IMO fees like that are outrageous! At this gym they only charge fees like that because they use it to party in vegas and other stuff, to me thats stealing. But the parents sign a contract so I guess they are getting ripped off

IMO fees like that are outrageous! At this gym they only charge fees like that because they use it to party in vegas and other stuff, to me thats stealing. But the parents sign a contract so I guess they are getting ripped off

Not to be rude or anything but how would you know what they do with their money and how they spend it? Just because someone told you so doesn't make it true. Relax, if you don't like the fees don't go there, no need to assume you know their business practices. :)

Not to be rude or anything but how would you know what they do with their money and how they spend it? Just because someone told you so doesn't make it true. Relax, if you don't like the fees don't go there, no need to assume you know their business practices. :)
Sorry I was just going off of what I heard but I know I shouldnt but it wasnt just from one person who told me it was many others. Im not trying to start anything here though sorry if I came off kinda rude lol

i think it is kind of rediculous that if you get hurt you have to pay for yourself AND the person filling in. most of the time its not your fault that you got injured.

definitly unfair.
schools don't even fee you for having your phone. it's not like your destroying something of the gym's. sometimes i pull out my phone because i tell my mom to bring me water or say i don't feel good. or i get this very important text from my friend that i can't wait for. i think the gym just wants your money. your paying monthly tuition to the gym and your not even aloud to have freedoms?.. what are they going to do with the phone if no one pays for it? .. problems will happen and soon they will get rid of it. what a scammy gym.

Back