All-Star Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

sometimes if we don't wear the right clothing we have to donate a food to the food drive.
but is it necessary?
people make mistakes and wear the wrong outfit.
it's not like they will lose you in the gym..
and i think the $250 fee is reasonable but including the other fees, unfair.
when someone gets hurt on our team and we need a crossover; we have a team account and deduct money from the account.

IMO fees like that are outrageous! At this gym they only charge fees like that because they use it to party in vegas and other stuff, to me thats stealing. But the parents sign a contract so I guess they are getting ripped off

Its their business and they can charge whatever they like and whatever amount they choose. They are in business to make money, cheer gyms are not nonprofit charities. If you don't like it don't cheer there. But if you do choose to cheer there follow the rules and this will never be a problem for you, and therefore nothing to complain about.

We pay a $225 at tryouts but the includes our practice clothes and tryout fee. If was a parent at that gym i wouldn't even let my kid take the cellphone to practice and would probably pack all of her practice clothes in the car "just in case"...lol
We also have to continue paying our monthly fee, regardless if your injured or an alternate...but not for the other person!

Most gyms policies are that you continue to pay tuition, and most competition fees are paid for in advance so therefore you do not get a refund and the fee that you have paid for yourself is now transfered to the child that is replacing you, not that you pay an extra fee. Now of course this does not apply if fees have not already been paid.

With the amount of money it cost to cheer I think it is highly appropriate to do whatever possible to insure a productive practice with dedicated team members. Why spend thousands of dollars on a sport if you are not serious about it. If thats the case go find a city or youth league that requires less. If I was a parent who values the amount of money and time I am spending at a gym I would appreciate the owner/coaches taking measures to insure I was getting the most out of the team.

The fact of the matter is you should come to practice on time, prepared, focused, and ready to work. You do not need a cell phone in practice! If your parents need to be contacted they can do it through the gym. You can be in practice for 2-3 hours without having to text your friends or update your facebook status.

As for a high start up fee/cost, makes sense if you can not afford to pay for the uniform or a chunk of competition fees up front you can probably not afford the cost of cheering at my gym. Why put a cheerleader on a team if they can not afford to complete the season and six months down the road I have to change the routine because said cheerleader now has to drop out for non-payment.

This is a business decision that is in everyones best interest. If you can't follow the rules, aren't dedicated, or don't pay then don't cheer.

Most gyms policies are that you continue to pay tuition, and most competition fees are paid for in advance so therefore you do not get a refund and the fee that you have paid for yourself is now transfered to the child that is replacing you, not that you pay an extra fee. Now of course this does not apply if fees have not already been paid.

If an athlete is injured at my cp's gym you are not obligated to pay monthly tuition after that, because you are not receiving any services. Since competition fees are paid in advance depending on when the injury happens, and all of the competitions have not been paid for then you will receive a credit on your account for those fees for next season or receive a refund.

With the amount of money it cost to cheer I think it is highly appropriate to do whatever possible to insure a productive practice with dedicated team members. Why spend thousands of dollars on a sport if you are not serious about it. If thats the case go find a city or youth league that requires less. If I was a parent who values the amount of money and time I am spending at a gym I would appreciate the owner/coaches taking measures to insure I was getting the most out of the team.

The fact of the matter is you should come to practice on time, prepared, focused, and ready to work. You do not need a cell phone in practice! If your parents need to be contacted they can do it through the gym. You can be in practice for 2-3 hours without having to text your friends or update your facebook status.

As for a high start up fee/cost, makes sense if you can not afford to pay for the uniform or a chunk of competition fees up front you can probably not afford the cost of cheering at my gym. Why put a cheerleader on a team if they can not afford to complete the season and six months down the road I have to change the routine because said cheerleader now has to drop out for non-payment.

This is a business decision that is in everyones best interest. If you can't follow the rules, aren't dedicated, or don't pay then don't cheer.
just the fee for a cell phone in general is unnecesary, im not saying I need to update my fb status but what if its an emergency or somthing else ya know?

just the fee for a cell phone in general is unnecesary, im not saying I need to update my fb status but what if its an emergency or somthing else ya know?

Pretty sure if there was an emergency you could either 1. Ask your coach to use your/a phone or 2. if you are physically hurt I doubt the coaches will stand there and watch you suffer... Cell phones are not necessary at practice. There has obviously been a problem at that gym with lack of focus at practice and hence the fee.

Thats why there are adult owner/coaches is charge to handle any emergency that may arrive during a practice. Maybe I am missing something; What do you constitute as an emergency that would require you to use your cell phone during practice?

Thats why there are adult owner/coaches is charge to handle any emergency that may arrive during a practice. Maybe I am missing something; What do you constitute as an emergency that would require you to use your cell phone during practice?
Oh well I guess the coaches can call your parents

Back