All-Star Heel Stretch, Needle, Scorpion, Pretty Girl. What Are They Called And How Many Are There?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think we all need to take a step back and remember that we were all new to the sport once. My first year of all star, my coach asked me if I knew how to do a full up and I said yes. I got my flyer up to an extension and started walking in a circle under her. That's literally what I thought a full up was. I've come a long way since then.

Last edited:
Is it not possible to amend the thread title?

No representation is made that the quality of cheer advice provided is greater than the quality of cheer advice provided by other twitters.

What is a "pretty girl"? - if it's a name for body position that's one I haven't heard yet. I'm kind of reluctant to google too - haha...

For my gym, a pretty girl sit is where the bases are holding the flyer's legs/seat at prep level like she is sitting a chair but with one leg crossed over the other. Very sassy arm positions usually accompy it. Aside from the basket toss, the body position I think she is referring to I call a torch. A lib facing the side but with the shoulders turn 90 degrees to face the crowd.

Are they considered stunts, even if they are just being held up their by one base (no tossing/flipping)? If not what's it called? Also how many are their, names please so I can goggle photos.

Thanks

There are also other body positions than just what you listed. We also use free handed stretches and paper clips (one arm out like a bow 'n arrow and the other reaches around the back to to clasp both hands) as specialty flexibility body positions.

For my gym, a pretty girl sit is where the bases are holding the flyer's legs/seat at prep level like she is sitting a chair but with one leg crossed over the other. Very sassy arm positions usually accompy it. Aside from the basket toss, the body position I think she is referring to I call a torch. A lib facing the side but with the shoulders turn 90 degrees to face the crowd.

There are also other body positions than just what you listed. We also use free handed stretches and paper clips (one arm out like a bow 'n arrow and the other reaches around the back to to clasp both hands) as specialty flexibility body positions.
Do you have a picture of the last body position you are talking about? I'm having a hard time picturing that haha

Back