All-Star Heel Stretch, Needle, Scorpion, Pretty Girl. What Are They Called And How Many Are There?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think what's most confusing is how the same thing has like 18 different names for it:

heel stretch/front stretch
scale/ram
bow n arrow/overstretch
switch up/express up/tic up
straight leg scorpion/needle
backhandspring/flip flop

Not to mention I still don't personally have a name for this pretzel/free handed/paperclip/behind the back thing of a stretch....

*edited to fix my awful typo!

Last edited:
I think what's most confusing is how the same thing has like 18 different names for it:

heal stretch/front stretch
scale/ram
bow n arrow/overstretch
backhandspring/flip flop

Not to mention I still don't personally have a name for this pretzel/free handed/paperclip/behind the back thing of a stretch....
Chin chin/chin up
http://0.tqn.com/d/cheerleading/1/S/Q/F/marisa_ChinChin.jpg

heal stretch/front stretch
scale/ram
bow n arrow/overstretch
backhandspring/flip flop

Most people I know call a heel stretch when one arm is in a high v and a front stretch when you grab with both hands. Not important though I get your point!

And then there is the (oldschool) needle!

tumblr_mkezzspFi61rexzwfo1_500.jpg

Oh and the weird tilt thing that somehow usually looks good, when dancers do it but often looks kind iof obscene, when cheerleaders do it. Something is just weird to me about that body position. ^^

Back