All-Star Help! How Do You Get Make-up Stains Off Uniform?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheerfun2

Cheer Parent
Nov 11, 2014
Hi! I am new to the board, but not to cheer. This is my daughter's 6th year (she's 12) so you'd think I would know this answer but this is the first year we've had white on our uniforms. We've only had 1 comp and there are stains on the arms of all places, lipstick and foundation (she doesn't wear foundation so I think it happens during the stunts.) Any ideas how to get it off? The uni is from Rebel, and the area in question is just the regular poly/spandex area, not the mesh or mystic fabrics. I've washed it in cold twice, once with shout on the stains, once with Oxyclean. TIA for your advice!

Hi! I am new to the board, but not to cheer. This is my daughter's 6th year (she's 12) so you'd think I would know this answer but this is the first year we've had white on our uniforms. We've only had 1 comp and there are stains on the arms of all places, lipstick and foundation (she doesn't wear foundation so I think it happens during the stunts.) Any ideas how to get it off? The uni is from Rebel, and the area in question is just the regular poly/spandex area, not the mesh or mystic fabrics. I've washed it in cold twice, once with shout on the stains, once with Oxyclean. TIA for your advice!
Many people on here swear by Zote soap - the pink bar - for white uniforms.

If you can't find Zote pink bar, Fels-Naptha laundry soap bar, also, works well.

DD was hugged by one of the younger girls right after the girl had put on the bright red long-wear lipstick. She had a perfect lip print on her white sleeve. Pink Zote took it out no problem even though it had set in all day at the comp.

Thank you all so much! I will get the Zote bar AND keep a Tide stick in her bag from now on. These new uniforms are so pretty but so danged FRAGILE! We also lost 1/2 dozen rhinestones at the first comp. Sheesh! Now I have to buy special glue too. #cheermomproblems :)

Thank you all so much! I will get the Zote bar AND keep a Tide stick in her bag from now on. These new uniforms are so pretty but so danged FRAGILE! We also lost 1/2 dozen rhinestones at the first comp. Sheesh! Now I have to buy special glue too. #cheermomproblems :)
A friend of mine bought a tool to replace some were that missing on our uniforms. She got it at Micheals I think. It heats up and comes with rhinestones

OMG...a Bedazzler!! My non-cheer friends would have an absolute field day if they knew I bought a Bedazzler to repair the uniform. They already tease me incessantly about dd's sparkly Infinity bag chock full o'make-up and hairspray (that I end up carrying at the comps like my daughter's personal gopher)...the Bedazzler would provide endless mirth. :)

You don't want a Bedazzler...those are definitely different. Look for the Darice Rhinestone Setter. It's the one I use and it works great. Also, buy your hot fix stones in bulk, online. Much, much cheaper than in any store. Have fun replacing those rhinestones...again and again and again...lol

I think actual bedazzlers actually puncture the fabric and hook onto the shirt so that's definitely not what you want!

Thanks so much...I am headed to Michaels tomorrow. Yes, I definitely don't want to punch holes in the uni! :)

my mom takes my uniform to the dry cleaners and tells them very careful instructions and exactly what to remove. so if you know a good dry cleaner, that's always an option! :)

Back