All-Star Help! How Do You Get Make-up Stains Off Uniform?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If these are new uniforms why do you have the replace the stones?? They better take them back and do them.

On our old uniforms we had these sequin things that actually looked like rhinestones from far away on the back and they flaked off and they replaced them for us. Even when they were 2 years old. Some looked like they had bling and some didn't so I guess they felt it was there job to fix it which I appreciated.

If these are new uniforms why do you have the replace the stones?? They better take them back and do them.

On our old uniforms we had these sequin things that actually looked like rhinestones from far away on the back and they flaked off and they replaced them for us. Even when they were 2 years old. Some looked like they had bling and some didn't so I guess they felt it was there job to fix it which I appreciated.
My friend literally replaced all the stones on the front thru out the season so this year they gave her a new top one size larger at no cost.

To be honest I dont really understand why a uniform needs so much bling if all its going to do is fall off yes a row or too mght look nice but you can make something sparkle with mystic fabric if used right

I know I'm a little tardy to the party, but "Grandma's Secret Spot Remover" from Hobby Lobby works wonders on uniforms. I can't tell you how many times it got lip stain out of my uniforms. You can usually find it on the table that they use to cut fabric in the store. I hope that helps!

I am afraid to try to get them to take it back, we have several competitions close together this month and next. Plus, we had a huge problem with sizing my dd's uni, I think they gave her a YXL by mistake, she clearly isn't XL and the thing was swimming on her...luckily there was an extra uni (adult XS) that actually was cut slimmer than the YXL and we had time to get it taken in some more...I am paranoid now for it to leave my possession! :) Plus, the area where the stones came off was this strap that goes over the shoulders, I think wearing her backpack rubbed them off. :( Thanks for the HL stain remover info, I will add it to my arsenal! I am feeling like one of those costume masters in the theatre this comp season!

To prevent future uniform stains, hairspray the crap out of your face/neck after putting makeup on. Hold the can about 12 inches away, close your eyes, and hold your breath! I learned this while working for UCA and we had white polos to wear during camps. I'd spray before starting the day, sweat through 8 hours of camp, return to the dorms and pull my white polo over my head, and not a single trace of bronzer/mascara would come off onto the shirt!

To prevent future uniform stains, hairspray the crap out of your face/neck after putting makeup on. Hold the can about 12 inches away, close your eyes, and hold your breath! I learned this while working for UCA and we had white polos to wear during camps. I'd spray before starting the day, sweat through 8 hours of camp, return to the dorms and pull my white polo over my head, and not a single trace of bronzer/mascara would come off onto the shirt!

Doesn't the hairspray make your face all hard and sticky!? lol

Doesn't the hairspray make your face all hard and sticky!? lol

Surprisingly, nope! That's what I thought at first... seriously thought my coworkers were insane before I tried it. A little sticky before it dries, but I guess it would depend on the kind you use. I use the Tresemme travel-sized ones you can find in the little travel aisle at Target because they're easy to pack in a bag (yes, I still do this before going to work every day). I think the spray is flexible hold. As long as you don't spray for two long, just a quick once-over, you should be good!

Wont help remove the stains but I have scotch guarded all the white/light areas on my CPs uni. Works like a charm and its super cheap in the laundry care aisle at walmart. You have to spray it after each wash but its less than $5 a can and it lasted me all season last year.

Yes! I sprayed my face before comp today and my mom and sister thought I was crazy. Not crazy I just like my makeup to stay on my face not my flyer :D
I use whatever I'm using on my hair, so got to be glued or tresemme usually. The only issue I've had is one time I did it for my eyeshadow but I hadn't put my mascara on yet and it made my eyelashes stiff and gross but as long as you wait till you're done with makeup it is great!

Once upon a time a had lipstick all over my face.... my other teamates said "wipe it on the inside of your top, it will be fine." I don't recommend doing this haha. The stains never came out.

I know I'm a little tardy to the party, but "Grandma's Secret Spot Remover" from Hobby Lobby works wonders on uniforms. I can't tell you how many times it got lip stain out of my uniforms. You can usually find it on the table that they use to cut fabric in the store. I hope that helps!
Good thing a hobby lobby just opened by my house because some how I accidentally kissed my sleeve at our last game and got some lipstick on my brand new white bodysuit...oops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many fabric stores also carry it.

Well, glad I have my new-found stain removing tips...she is a crossover and during her second routine Saturday she was doing just a BHS during a transition and her hand landed on a needle or pin or something that was stuck in the mat! It stayed in her hand during a stunt, and she somehow removed it DURING her double down!! Unfortunately, removing it caused it to bleed profusely, but, pro that she is...she kept going. *gag* There was blood in her stunt groups hair, and it got all over the shoe of one of the other flyers that she flips over during a trick. It was like a scene from a yet to be made horror film or something. She is fine, it was just a deep puncture wound (the medics at the comp checked it out and fixed it up) and I was able to clean the uni easily. :) Blood is much easier to remove than lipstick!

... her hand landed on a needle or pin or something that was stuck in the mat! It stayed in her hand during a stunt, and she somehow removed it DURING her double down!! ... She is fine, it was just a deep puncture wound (the medics at the comp checked it out and fixed it up) and I was able to clean the uni easily. :) Blood is much easier to remove than lipstick!

...there was a needle in the mat?!

Back