All-Star Help!!! Is This Level 2 Stunt Legal?! (video)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the 1/2 turn cradle is legal because the back base never let's go of the flyers feet. It is one of those skills though that could be dinged depending in what angle the safety judge is looking from.
I would suggest pushing the inversion to extension then walking it for more points.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I believe it's legal. Last I saw in level 2 "twisting mounts and transitions were limited to 1/2 turn by the top". Since the backspot never lets go, it would be considered a transition (and the flyer only does a 1/2 turn). There's also someone there to catch the head/shoulders of the flyer. I think the only concern would be to make it clear that the backspot never lets go of the flyer, otherwise it would be a cradle, which I think is limited to a 1/4 turn. Looks great though!!

I think the 1/2 turn cradle is legal because the back base never let's go of the flyers feet. It is one of those skills though that could be dinged depending in what angle the safety judge is looking from.
I would suggest pushing the inversion to extension then walking it for more points.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Can they go straight to extension? Or they have to push it up??

Can they go straight to extension? Or they have to push it up??
K. L2 Stunts-Inversions
1. Transitions from ground level inversions to non-inverted positions are allowed. No other inversions are
allowed.
Example: Legal: Going from a handstand on the ground to a non-inverted stunt such as a shoulder sit.
Example: Illegal: Going from a cradle to a handstand or from a prone position to a forward roll.

So, ground level inversion to non-inverted position is legal. It doesn't mention level of non-inverted position, so ground level inversion straight to extension is, therefore, legal.

K. L2 Stunts-Inversions
1. Transitions from ground level inversions to non-inverted positions are allowed. No other inversions are
allowed.
Example: Legal: Going from a handstand on the ground to a non-inverted stunt such as a shoulder sit.
Example: Illegal: Going from a cradle to a handstand or from a prone position to a forward roll.

So, ground level inversion to non-inverted position is legal. It doesn't mention level of non-inverted position, so ground level inversion straight to extension is, therefore, legal.
Thank you!! You are a life saver!!!

The handstand (performed flawlessly I might add) is legal.

The half turn to cradle is definitely impressive. Having the back spotter maintain contact is the key. Keeping contact makes the move a transition which would technically be legal! And since a cradle is "legally defined" as a release move, this doesn't qualify as a dismount! Way to be grey ;-)

#thecheerdoctor
@TheCheerDoctor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back