All-Star Help Me Get An Internship!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well I'm possibly interested in being an on-air personality. I don't know for sure if it's what I want to do, so the internship would be perfect for me to get a feel for that sort of thing plus I'd be getting credits for school. I've always been really into music and love to talk so it just seemed fitting lol
Do you have an air check or anything that I can listen to and possibly pass it along to my father? You're in Florida right? He used to work at I-100 (now I believe it's 99.9...Gator Country perhaps?) and Z-103 in Tallahassee (when he started programming in addition to being an on air personality) before getting the job offer here.

Are you majoring in some type of communications? It's more than being really into music (although that's def a necessity!, LOL...back when everyone had a TV in each room, we all had radios growing up)..you really have to have a voice for radio and it's a little bit harder for women in that field for very popular radio stations. I'm not trying to be discouraging, just honest. That's why I asked if you had an air check bc then I could pass it along to him and he knows a lot of people in the radio business in Florida (WAPE-the big ape along w/tons of others). He's very well known...won some award recently like program director of the decade or something, idk (he's not really into that part of radio, the fame side...he just LOVES radio period!)

I don't think my voice is very good...lol
I was on the radio w/some girlfriends of mine for my 16th bday and we hosted the top 10 at 10. I LOVE to talk and I LOVE music..but that part of it just isn't my forte. It's a great choice if you're really into it..but it's hard to keep a job in that area longer than a couple of years at any one place bc radio stations are always making changes, like their format, needing new "talent", etc. so there could be a lot of relocating for you if that's not an issue.

Do you have an air check or anything that I can listen to and possibly pass it along to my father? You're in Florida right? He used to work at I-100 (now I believe it's 99.9...Gator Country perhaps?) and Z-103 in Tallahassee (when he started programming in addition to being an on air personality) before getting the job offer here.

Are you majoring in some type of communications? It's more than being really into music (although that's def a necessity!, LOL...back when everyone had a TV in each room, we all had radios growing up)..you really have to have a voice for radio and it's a little bit harder for women in that field for very popular radio stations. I'm not trying to be discouraging, just honest. That's why I asked if you had an air check bc then I could pass it along to him and he knows a lot of people in the radio business in Florida (WAPE-the big ape along w/tons of others). He's very well known...won some award recently like program director of the decade or something, idk (he's not really into that part of radio, the fame side...he just LOVES radio period!)
No I appreciate your advice/help! I'm majoring in mass communications. I don't have an air check nor do I have a high quality mic lol but I have a friend with a pretty nice studio so I could probably make that happen! Yep I'm in Florida! The radio station I'm trying to intern at is 993flz, Clear Channel Communications!

I'll still vote for you though regardless :) Just wanted to be of some help if I could, especially since all of the interns have to be approved ultimately by the program director (my dad's position) and not the DJ's.

No I appreciate your advice/help! I'm majoring in mass communications. I don't have an air check nor do I have a high quality mic lol but I have a friend with a pretty nice studio so I could probably make that happen! Yep I'm in Florida! The radio station I'm trying to intern at is 993flz, Clear Channel Communications!
Ok good, so you're majoring in the right area and if you have time to make an air check that would be great. Get back to me if/when you're able to. Yeah I already looked up the station bc I know so many of them down there. Clear Channel owns a ton of radio stations now..they have such a standard format they follow..but anyway...the aircheck doesn't have to be super duper high quality. My dad can spot talent a mile away. Just a a little bit of something will do. Back in the day he had to listen to them via tape cassette :banghead: I really, really hated those things!
My fav station in fla was in Jax called Planet Radio (107.3) and once again those ***holes at clear channel had to go messing w/it and after 15 years it's now an "greatest hits" station, which is really just a bunch of crap. :mad:

Ok good, so you're majoring in the right area and if you have time to make an air check that would be great. Get back to me if/when you're able to. Yeah I already looked up the station bc I know so many of them down there. Clear Channel owns a ton of radio stations now..they have such a standard format they follow..but anyway...the aircheck doesn't have to be super duper high quality. My dad can spot talent a mile away. Just a a little bit of something will do. Back in the day he had to listen to them via tape cassette :banghead: I really, really hated those things!
My fav station in fla was in Jax called Planet Radio (107.3) and once again those ***holes at clear channel had to go messing w/it and after 15 years it's now an "greatest hits" station, which is really just a bunch of crap. :mad:
hahah everything on the radio is crap nowadays. luckily I really do like the on air's at 933! But again thanks for information! I'll shoot you a PM when I can get something to you!

I voted as well. I love the support system fierceboard provides for people!

Thank you!
Me too! You guys are awesome. This is why I love the cheer community! :chestbump:
and why my only real friends are cheerleaders...yet I'm not even involved with anything cheer currently.

Back