Help On Poofs!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 2, 2012
I'm having trouble with my poofs at practice and competitions. I usually make a ponytail and set aside hair for the poof, poof it, and then put on a bow to keep the extra poofed hair with the regular ponytail. But, when I tighten my ponytail during practice, my poof always falls or gets messed up. :(
Does anyone have any tips on how to make a perfect poof???

when i do mine i do the same thing as far as setting aside hair for the poof & adding it to the ponytail with a bow but i tease each layer then secure it with a mini elastic band before pushing it forward & pinning it down! the elastic band holds the poof up better/keeps it together so that if you needed to fix it it's quick/easy. are you not pinning it down enough? if bobby pins don't work try something stronger like snap clips:)

I do my girls by combing off a half circle section of hair (bang section) comb it straight up...about 4 - 6 inches up...put in a tiny rubber band ....then do the back hair either half up or high pony...then I pin down the poof pony with the right size poof.....then the end of the poof pony goes in with the bow rubber band pm me if you need pics....:)

here is two pics...one of pony and poof...one of half up poof...hope they help
156490_10150722621767120_353268013_n.jpg

AsEvIOPCEAAnKfwjpg-large.jpg

I'm having trouble with my poofs at practice and competitions. I usually make a ponytail and set aside hair for the poof, poof it, and then put on a bow to keep the extra poofed hair with the regular ponytail. But, when I tighten my ponytail during practice, my poof always falls or gets messed up. :(
Does anyone have any tips on how to make a perfect poof???
What I do is I section off a chunk about as big as I want my poof, I put a tiny rubber elastic on it to hold it back, poof it up, spray it, and bobby pin it. The elastic should be tight enough to the point that the poof wont move, so I put the ponytail up last since I know it won't mess up the poof, and I hate having the awkward little top flyaway pieces. Once it's all up you can probably take out most of the bobby pins and give it another good spray and it'll be good to go!

Usually i take the part of the hair i need to poof and put in front of my face. Then i take a brush (idk what it is called it might be called a teasing brush) or you could use a comb, spray hairspray and then tease it. After that i pin it down and shape it. This works really well until you have to brush your hair out.

my team does poofs for competitions and i do a majority of the team, it works even if your hair is super super thin, or super super thick. first you take a brush and spray hair spray on it, then you brush the section of hair you want to be teased with the brush, then take a teasing comb and start teasing and spraying at least 6 inches away, do not over spray. then you go to the next layer and repeat what you just did, then tease the front part of your poof. once its as big as you want it, take a regular comb and clean it up in to the shape you want. make sure you spray the fly aways down. then have someone bobby pin the poof for you. use a lot of bobbypins and spray the poof one more time at least 6-7 inches away again, dont over spray! then when youre putting your bow in be super careful not to mess up the poof. the tightening the pony tail can be fixed by using a lot of bobby pins and make your pony really tight before practiced. hoped this helped! :) xox

Back