Help With Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 20, 2015
Hi I am a new High School Coach whose team is in UCA can anyone share with me what stunts will score higher points then others. We are trying ot work towards building up but don't knwo which route to go. For instance is it more difficult to twist down or waterfall down

I think it depends. Personally, I think if you already have an inversion but don't have a spinning stunt, then I would spin down. But if you always have a spin in your stunt then I would waterfall.

I'm not a certified judge tho or anything so I'm not sure what the best option would be if you're starting from scratch.

With the new rules and everything that have gone around, personally a waterfall (or pancake as some call it) is more difficult and has a nice visual if executed properly. But on the other hand, if your full downs or (1 1/2 to flatback that is newly legal) has great technique such as straight legs, hips in line with the rest of the body and nice hollow position, it's not a bad decision also. now as for regular stunting difficulty, lo hi tick tocks, full ups/1 1/2 ups (not crossed legged) are some skills that will get you in the high scoring range. along with lo hi full arounds and unique inversions. Hope this helps!

Back