OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nordstrom.com
45172c2e2ee47ba4ae42c5b37990d7e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is looking for a setting powder, I highly recommend IT cosmetics Bye Bye Pores. They just came out with a pressed version(which I prefer because it's not so messy) but they have a loose version too.

It really does give you that airbrushed look and makes your skin feel SO smooth and takes away the sticky feeling a foundation can leave. I'm normally very oily but recently my cheeks have gotten much more dry and I don't notice it attaching to any dry patches throughout the day. And the wear time on it is amazing, I'd say 6 hours before any excess shine popped through, even on the most humid days. I think it's one of the best powders I've ever tried!
Bought it and love it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Anyone have any recommendations for 1.25" or 1.5" curling wand? The one I currently have is just a cheap one from target and the curls always fall out.

LOVE Hot Tools! The curls last forever & so do the wands themselves. Love the temperature control & they heat up in seconds.

On a makeup note, I recently bought a Naked On The Run palette from UD & I'm in love. I've never used UD mascara before & it is amazing!!!!

I bought revlon colorstay foundation at Ulta and it was too dark. So I went to exchange it today and realized the same color in a different bottle was about four shades lighter... I ended up just buying my Stila foundation again just in a lighter shade.

I bought revlon colorstay foundation at Ulta and it was too dark. So I went to exchange it today and realized the same color in a different bottle was about four shades lighter... I ended up just buying my Stila foundation again just in a lighter shade.
Trying to find your perfect match in drugstore foundation is awful since there aren't usually any testers. I use matchmymakeup.com to find my match. Basically you enter a foundation color that you know matches you and it uses that to find colors in different brands that are the most similar. It's pretty cool and has saved me the pain of returning colors until I find one that matches!

Last edited:
Trying to find your perfect match in drugstore foundation is awful since there aren't usually any testers. I use findation.com to find my match. Basically you enter a foundation color that you know matches you and it uses that to find colors in different brands that are the most similar. It's pretty cool and has saved me the pain of returning colors until I find one that matches!
Wish I would've known about that site before! The only foundation that I've found that completely matches is bare minerals but I don't always like using powder. The one I ended up getting yesterday is pretty close though.

Wish I would've known about that site before! The only foundation that I've found that completely matches is bare minerals but I don't always like using powder. The one I ended up getting yesterday is pretty close though.

I stumbled across it through a YouTube video maybe? It's seriously a life saver!

My package from UD finally came today. Thought I ordered Naked Palette but I actually ordered Naked 2. I am happy with 2 but should I also go and get the first palette?

My package from UD finally came today. Thought I ordered Naked Palette but I actually ordered Naked 2. I am happy with 2 but should I also go and get the first palette?
Personally, I enjoy the naked 2 better than the original. It has a matte black shadow which is great for a soft liner look and, to me, more variations of color. The original does have some gorgeous colors( I would be so happy if they switched out Booty call in the 2 for sin, which they have in the 1) but they don't have as many lighter colors and the eye look ends up looking a little blah because from the middle of the palette to the end, the colors are so similar.

But it's a great palette if you like bronze eye looks! Every palette has their pros and cons but I find the naked 2 to be the most universal.

Super disappointed by Ulta's current points deal. Normally around this time they do a 10x the points on everything. This year its only 5x on everything and 10x on select products. And by select its around less than 20 items.

Any glominerals fans? My hair salon just started carrying it and I'd love some unbiased feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UD/Named pallette fans - I have Basics and 2 and I can honestly say from experience, these are not the highest quality powders available. All that fallout on the tops of your cheeks when you apply? Yeah, that actually shouldn't happen. Think of how much is wasted.

Lorac will forever be my fave quality and colors. All their products are incredibly well-made, highly pigmented and versatile. You can apply all shadows wet or dry.
I've used the Lorac Mini Pro Pallette almost exclusively (which contains 6 shadows, 2 brushes, 2 blushes and a bronzer) adding It CC Cream (also LOVE,) Lorac pressed powder (which completely disguises pores to the point that I don't have to use Porefection,) brow pencil, mascara and a lip, for the last month and I'm loving how my makeup routine went from suitcase to wrislet in nothing flat!

Any glominerals fans? My hair salon just started carrying it and I'd love some unbiased feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I haven't used it in 4 years, but I used to use it in high school almost exclusively and loved it. I would compare them to a mix of PurMinerals and smashbox. Loved their bronzers and eyeshadows!
UD/Named pallette fans - I have Basics and 2 and I can honestly say from experience, these are not the highest quality powders available. All that fallout on the tops of your cheeks when you apply? Yeah, that actually shouldn't happen. Think of how much is wasted.

Lorac will forever be my fave quality and colors. All their products are incredibly well-made, highly pigmented and versatile. You can apply all shadows wet or dry.
I've used the Lorac Mini Pro Pallette almost exclusively (which contains 6 shadows, 2 brushes, 2 blushes and a bronzer) adding It CC Cream (also LOVE,) Lorac pressed powder (which completely disguises pores to the point that I don't have to use Porefection,) brow pencil, mascara and a lip, for the last month and I'm loving how my makeup routine went from suitcase to wrislet in nothing flat!
I adore the lorac pro palette but I actually notice more fallout from that then Naked. I do agree the quality and lasting power of the pro palettes is phenomenal! You should try their alter ego lipglosses-amazing! Although their new pencil eyeliner dries out pretty quickly so beware of that.

Back