OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Makeup geek released thier new duo chrome eyeshadows that I want so badly but I'm to broke right now to buy any of them :(

Ive recently started using makeup and ive started collectig ive buyed almost anythig you would need except for a few things, Ive not purchased lip products, mascara or eyeliner. I may need help with tips on those. What are some good kinda nude lipsticks? And tips on mascara for beginners? no need to be the most big lash kinda just a good one for us that have never used before. Should i use liquid or pen eyeliner? (Im on a budget so high end is mostly of limits and yes i know this is a high end thread but since we do not have a drug store thread i need to post in this one.) Thankful also for any tips on products for very pale skinned people.. (i may be so pale tat the lightest shade of product almost always is too dark for me.. im a ghost..)

Ive recently started using makeup and ive started collectig ive buyed almost anythig you would need except for a few things, Ive not purchased lip products, mascara or eyeliner. I may need help with tips on those. What are some good kinda nude lipsticks? And tips on mascara for beginners? no need to be the most big lash kinda just a good one for us that have never used before. Should i use liquid or pen eyeliner? (Im on a budget so high end is mostly of limits and yes i know this is a high end thread but since we do not have a drug store thread i need to post in this one.) Thankful also for any tips on products for very pale skinned people.. (i may be so pale tat the lightest shade of product almost always is too dark for me.. im a ghost..)
Maybelline has lipsticks that are sorted by nude, pinks, reds etc so it's easier to look for what type you want. Rimmal has some nice nude mattes-Kate Moss. As for the mascara I like L'oreal voluminous original (gray tube). It keeps my curl and has nice volumn and length. I really prefer liquid eyeliner because it's easier for me to get a nice line. Pencil eyeliner always tugs at my lids so I don't get a nice line. I like gel eyeliner too. I use L'oreal infallible lacquer liner.

Maybelline has lipsticks that are sorted by nude, pinks, reds etc so it's easier to look for what type you want. Rimmal has some nice nude mattes-Kate Moss. As for the mascara I like L'oreal voluminous original (gray tube). It keeps my curl and has nice volumn and length. I really prefer liquid eyeliner because it's easier for me to get a nice line. Pencil eyeliner always tugs at my lids so I don't get a nice line. I like gel eyeliner too. I use L'oreal infallible lacquer liner.

Thank you! i will write down them and look for them when i get to the store that has makeup next!

I bought MAC smoked purple ( I asked about a dark purple lipstick here a few months ago) and its now my favorite lipstick in life.

Can anyone recommend a dark dark red/maroon matte lipstick by MAC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought MAC smoked purple ( I asked about a dark purple lipstick here a few months ago) and its now my favorite lipstick in life.

Can anyone recommend a dark dark red/maroon matte lipstick by MAC?

My favourite dark ish red is Diva. I pair it with Nightmoth lip liner for a bit of an ombre look sometimes, but it's great with a brown/dark red liner too.

If you guys have access to Charlotte Tilbury where you are, stay away. She just stole all my money. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

My favourite dark ish red is Diva. I pair it with Nightmoth lip liner for a bit of an ombre look sometimes, but it's great with a brown/dark red liner too.

If you guys have access to Charlotte Tilbury where you are, stay away. She just stole all my money. [emoji20]

I just looked at Diva on black girls on Instagram. It's not dark enough. It's similar to the shades I already wear. I need a color that's so dark that you almost think it's black and then you notice the colored tint

I just looked at Diva on black girls on Instagram. It's not dark enough. It's similar to the shades I already wear. I need a color that's so dark that you almost think it's black and then you notice the colored tint

Ahhh I get you now. Apart from Rebel which is obviously a purple, I don't own too many dark lipsticks from Mac. I like Hang Up and Sin though, maybe look those up on Instagram?

MAC dramatic encounter or MAC instigator is a very dark purple. however i dont think they sell dramatic encounter anymore, but i do own this one. i was about to say MAC dark side as well....

MAC dramatic encounter or MAC instigator is a very dark purple. however i dont think they sell dramatic encounter anymore, but i do own this one. i was about to say MAC dark side as well....

They don't sell Dramatic Encounter and I'm not looking for anymore dark purples. Dark side is a nice color on the people on Instagram....although it doesn't look very matte and it doesn't look dark enough on any of the black girls I've seen.

This is the color in going for. Deep burgundy. Very matte. And maybe even darker than this. I might have to just go into MAC or a Sephora and not try to buy online.
d95bb919542656508794a6a977937eb7.jpg

They don't sell Dramatic Encounter and I'm not looking for anymore dark purples. Dark side is a nice color on the people on Instagram....although it doesn't look very matte and it doesn't look dark enough on any of the black girls I've seen.

This is the color in going for. Deep burgundy. Very matte. And maybe even darker than this. I might have to just go into MAC or a Sephora and not try to buy online.
d95bb919542656508794a6a977937eb7.jpg

what about Media?

I just want to give a quick s/o to Ulta setting spray... wore it to the Packers game (and every day) and we were standing in pouring rain for a good part of the game... my foundation/bronzer looked just like when I put it on when I got home from the game. My hair was a different story but my makeup stayed in place so I would recommend that product!

Not high end but I just bought a mascara from Elf that has a tiny tiny brush that is amazing for getting every single lash without clumping!

I just want to give a quick s/o to Ulta setting spray... wore it to the Packers game (and every day) and we were standing in pouring rain for a good part of the game... my foundation/bronzer looked just like when I put it on when I got home from the game. My hair was a different story but my makeup stayed in place so I would recommend that product!
What kind of skin do you have?
In desperate need of something new for my oily skin. I used to use porefessional but that hasn't been working lately. Also bought the monistat chafing gel and that didn't really work either.

I typically use MAC pro longwear concealer on my face with benefit hoola bronzer on top and that's about it. don't know why I'm always so shinyyyyyyy

What kind of skin do you have?
In desperate need of something new for my oily skin. I used to use porefessional but that hasn't been working lately. Also bought the monistat chafing gel and that didn't really work either.

I typically use MAC pro longwear concealer on my face with benefit hoola bronzer on top and that's about it. don't know why I'm always so shinyyyyyyy
I can tell you a product that DOESNT work so you don't waste your money. The Clean and Clear blotting papers. I only spent like $2 on them because I got them on sale and with a coupon, but they are absolutely worthless.

I know that the Ulta brand matte primer I got as a sample really mattified my skin, so that might be a cheaper option for you!

Back