OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Okay so I rarely break out, like once a month and it's usually hormonal. But on area below my cheekbones towards my mouth and my forehead have so many bumps. They don't really look like pimples, they're smaller but not whiteheads and they're not red like pimples. Any ideas for what it is? Or a way to fix it? Haha I'm not used to having breakouts and it's making me freak out:(
I had that problem on my arms and cheeks and my dermatologist had me switch to a natural body wash/face wash, she said it might just be from harsh chemicals. It cleared them up for the most part! It could be that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so I rarely break out, like once a month and it's usually hormonal. But on area below my cheekbones towards my mouth and my forehead have so many bumps. They don't really look like pimples, they're smaller but not whiteheads and they're not red like pimples. Any ideas for what it is? Or a way to fix it? Haha I'm not used to having breakouts and it's making me freak out:(

I get this 4 times a year when the seasons change. well, more like 3 - I'm usually okay from spring --> summer. I have terrible allergies, so I'm sure they're the cause but it's definitely not pimples or what I would consider a "breakout." It's not red, there's not any tenderness in touching them... just a billion lumps and bumps that eventually flake off and go away.

That may or may not have anything to do with the cause of yours, but I have it right now with the transition to fall, so it could be a factor. I wash with a clarisonic once a day and moisturize with coconut oil. I don't think anything actually makes it go away faster, but it's definitely dry and needs a lot of moisturizing.

I had that problem on my arms and cheeks and my dermatologist had me switch to a natural body wash/face wash, she said it might just be from harsh chemicals. It cleared them up for the most part! It could be that?

I have that issue on my arms! What kind of body wash do you use if you don't mind me asking?

I have that issue on my arms! What kind of body wash do you use if you don't mind me asking?
I use Zum soap! I use the bar kind at home but it doesn't lend well to dorm life so I got the Zum body wash for when I'm at school. It's kind of pricy but a chunk lasts a while. They sell it at HyVee here which I know is a regional thing, but they have a store locator on their website! I really like it, it's all natural and they have a ton of different scents and at the store they just have blocks of soap that you cut yourself and the cashier weighs for you, so you can just get a little chunk to test it out if you want. Indigo Wild - Zum Bars, soap and so much more!
ETA: my personal fave scents are grapefruit and tangerine-orange for the bars, and I use the eucalyptus scented body wash (although now I see they have grapefruit which they didn't have @ my store but I'll def look for in the future!)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the tips! I'll look into that soap. I've never had allergies before but I know sometimes they can appear as you get older. I did change foundations a couple of weeks ago so I'll stop using it and see if it clears up too!

So I'm going back on my second round of accutane (I'm about to turn 24 and I'm still breaking out). Any recommendation on good face creams or special foundations to use while on this product?
My dermatologist gave me samples of a few different moisturizers when I got prescribed Tretinoin for my acne (retin-a basically)
I really liked the cerave one!

My dermatologist gave me samples of a few different moisturizers when I got prescribed Tretinoin for my acne (retin-a basically)
I really liked the cerave one!
I second that! I used it when I was on accutane.
As far as foundation I'll swear by bareminerals as always, but I also liked my BB cream a lot while on accutane because they're moisturizing. Not sure how much coverage you're looking for, the garnier one I use doesn't have very much coverage but there are so many brands you can probably find one that's the amount of coverage you want! Try YouTube reviews?

Has anyone tried the Two Faced born this way foundation? It's new and it looks really nice!

Does anyone have any recommendations for eyeliner (waterline/under eye) that works well for sensitive/watery eyes?

**I promise I don't eat kids and I am not gross looking**

Has anyone tried the Two Faced born this way foundation? It's new and it looks really nice!

If you have drier skin it's great! It has coconut water in it so it's nice and moisturizing. For oilier skin, it can make it feel even more greasy. The coverage is great though and it's not cakey.
Does anyone have any recommendations for eyeliner (waterline/under eye) that works well for sensitive/watery eyes?

**I promise I don't eat kids and I am not gross looking**
Urban Decay just came out with eyeliner specifically designed for the waterline. It really stays put on me and my eyes water easily. Plus they come in pretty jewel tones too instead of just black if you are into a little color( I really like the plum).

Hi. Its me again needing more lipstick suggestions

Can anyone recommend a high end MATTE lipstick from a brand that's available at ULTA. I want a deep burgundy or a deep brown with a redish hint maybe, but it must be MATTE and it must be available at Ulta.

(I don't have time to drive all the way to a MAC store when I get off at 8 tonight, and I really want a matte lip for my boring library conference tomorrow)......

Can anyone recommend a high end MATTE lipstick from a brand that's available at ULTA. I want a deep burgundy or a deep brown with a redish hint maybe, but it must be MATTE and it must be available at Ulta.

(I don't have time to drive all the way to a MAC store when I get off at 8 tonight, and I really want a matte lip for my boring library conference tomorrow)......
Maybe Urban Decay Blackmail? Its apart of their matte line.

Lorac is sold at Ulta right? I know it is online and I buy my Lorac at Kohls so I can get my employee discount on it so I've never looked for it in store.
But Lorac PRO Matte Lip Color Ruby Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts
Love these matte lip colors from Lorac. They smell so good!!

ETA: I tried to link it so it would go to the color you might like but it's just taking you to ruby. Look at Merlot.

Does anyone have a good conditioner recommendation for fine hair? I like to use a volumizing shampoo and a more moisturizing conditioner. I bought one from Rusk last week because it said it was lightweight but it made my hair unbelievably greasy. I tried using a little less but then it did absolutely nothing. I'm a natural blonde but I do get highlights to keep it bright so I need something to moisturize the damaged ends.

Back