OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Also if anyone is interested in signing up for Ipsy it'd be wonderful if you could use my referral link! If you do choose to sign up there is a way to bypass the waiting list right now as well. You just have to hook your Ipsy account up with your facebook.
ipsy: Exclusive Beauty Finds by Our Stylists for YOU

I had been wanting to try it, so I signed up via your link. I had BirchBox for a while and it was okay, but I cancelled after five or six months, but looking forward to the little bags, too, from ipsy.

Just got an email from BH cosmetics and they're having a sale on their 88 color palettes for $8.88! They're online only but I have set of brushes from them and I'd say they're very high quality! Just letting y'all know :)

Also if anyone is interested in signing up for Ipsy it'd be wonderful if you could use my referral link! If you do choose to sign up there is a way to bypass the waiting list right now as well. You just have to hook your Ipsy account up with your facebook.

Doesn't ship to the UK :( I'd never heard of it before but it sounds really good, I want something like that!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Soooo I found this makeup trick!! If your mascara is running dry, "getting old," put a few drops (I used one drop with my current mascara, but my really old mascara I put 2-3) of contact solution into the mascara bottle! It makes the it like-new again. I was pretty skeptical at first, but it worked like a charm.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Accounting

I NEED the Vice 2 Palette. I've been to one Ulta and two different Sephoras and they're sold out. Now it's sold out on UD's website and I am SO sad. Like I can't live without it & it's limited edition:(

Does anyone have a subscription to birch box? I'm thinking about getting one but I'm not sure... Opinions? Or do you have anything like it? I'm also looking at ipsy.

We do ipsy but passed on birchbox because the reviews were all lousy and my impression was it's all sample sizes and can include things like bandaids and chapstick. Umm no thanks. Ipsy so far has been good. So much fun to get a metallic pink envelope in the mail with makeup. Only complaints are they seem to disregard skin tone and other preferences that they themselves asked for but still fun to get so far.

We do ipsy but passed on birchbox because the reviews were all lousy and my impression was it's all sample sizes and can include things like bandaids and chapstick. Umm no thanks. Ipsy so far has been good. So much fun to get a metallic pink envelope in the mail with makeup. Only complaints are they seem to disregard skin tone and other preferences that they themselves asked for but still fun to get so far.

It seemed like I was getting quite a few men's cologne samples, too, in my Birchbox.

OOH this looks like something I want to do...random question.. does it come in your mailbox or through UPS? i'm always gone during the day and don't want my ipsy getting stolen. lol

Can someone recommend a concealer? It can be either high end or drugstore. Im in between light and medium for most places. I was looking at Benefit's Boing concealer but they only have three color options and if the colors are anything like their Erase Paste its too orange.

I would give hard candy Glamoflauge a try! I just got it recently but I'm loving it. $6 at Walmart and it comes with the liquid and a small pencil. It's really well reviewed by youtubers and the beauty blogosphere which is what convinced me to get it! Only thing is it's really powerful, so you only want to use a tiny bit and blend it! Works great.

Can someone recommend a concealer? It can be either high end or drugstore. Im in between light and medium for most places. I was looking at Benefit's Boing concealer but they only have three color options and if the colors are anything like their Erase Paste its too orange.

Boing is nothing like Erase Paste. Boing is a lot dryer texture and not orange at all. Love Boing.

This may be the last time I check Fierceboard before going to Mac.

Foundation: Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus
Primer: Smashbox Photofinish
Mascara: Diorshow, everything else that is high end (Tarte, bare minerals, etc) just clumps up and gives me a weird allergic reaction... when my bank account refuses to purchase Diorshow I use the maybellene that comes in the blue tube with the rocket on it... does the trick.
Eyeliner: Smashbox felt pens
Lipstick: Sephora brand, I lose tubes of lipstick like no other.
Eyeshadow: who knows these days... naked is the best but mine just ran out.

I also have a Clairsonic Mia 2, I got it on sale at Sephora with a 20% VIB coupon as well as a $20 VIB coupon (I spend a lot of money at sephora). I use DermaDoctor Aint Misbehavin and it clears up a solid 90% of acne with VERY little skin irritation. My skin is really sensitive and I don't use a lot of cleansers because of it. I would reccomend going to the store and asking for a sample to last about a week and see how it works.
I love the Mia2, I only use it every other day though to prevent my skin from getting too rough (even with the sensative head). I wouldn't pay full price though.

Back