OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I know this is probably going to make me look dumb, especially since I posted in this before, but what exactly does everyone wear for "everyday" makeup? lol. I love doing makeup, but I only really wear it for special occasions. I can count on one hand the times I've worn it in the past 2 months. That being said, I would love to start wearing it daily. What are some more natural options for daily wear?
I use Urban Decay Naked Basics which is six neutral and matte shades and it's my absolute favorite! I think it's easy to switch from everyday to formal with the colors. And I just started wearing the Naked Flushed palette for my face which is really convenient because it's a blush, highlighter and bronzer in a small package. :)

Stila Primer!!! The "taffy" color works wonders for eye makeup- the eye shadow blends so much better and doesn't come off with sweat. It's a little pricey but so worth it... I highly recommend it!

I use bare minerals foundation which is very natural looking and light. And then I just do eyeliner and mascara. And I wear blush when I remember. If it's the weekend and I'm just like running errands I usually don't wear foundation at all and just wear eyeliner

I use Urban Decay Naked Basics which is six neutral and matte shades and it's my absolute favorite! I think it's easy to switch from everyday to formal with the colors. And I just started wearing the Naked Flushed palette for my face which is really convenient because it's a blush, highlighter and bronzer in a small package. :)
Thank you both so much!! I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas, so I'll definitely be on the lookout for some of those. I've heard great things about bare minerals and the Naked basics. :) I love my original Naked palette, so I'm sure I'd love that too.

If you want to keep a curl in your eyelashes, warm an eyelash curler with a blow dryer. Don't make it too hot, but if it's warm, it'll hold the curl all day/night. I put my mascara on first and then heat the curler and use it. My eyelashes are really long and straight, and they stay curled until the next day.

So for NYE when I was doing my make up I randomly found my eyelash curler. I never curl my eyelashes...because I just don't. Anyway my hair dryer was still out so I was like "Hey Erin...why don't you heat this bad boy up". So I did. I then got distracted and placed a very hot eyelash curler on my lash line.....it hurt

And to the poster that asked what make up people wear on an every day basis

-concealer
-foundation
-Mac mineral powder
-blush
-bronzer
-eyeliner
- brownish smokey eye
-mascara
- a lip color

It's a lot, but I'm a professional and not a student and it only takes me 5 mins to apply. My friend that's a name up artist told me that I needed to stop using liquid foundation or stick to a stick foundation bc my skin doesn't need it, so I'm going to work on doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for NYE when I was doing my make up I randomly found my eyelash curler. I never curl my eyelashes...because I just don't. Anyway my hair dryer was still out so I was like "Hey Erin...why don't you heat this bad boy up". So I did. I then got distracted and placed a very hot eyelash curler on my lash line.....it hurt]
Yeah, been there done that lol. The trick is to not get distracted ;)

Well I am pretty much clueless when it comes to anything about makeup, especially applying it so I have a few questions. Haha thanks in advance
What exactly is contouring and highlighting?
Do you put eyeliner on after eyeshadow?
Do you put primer on with a brush or rub it in?

These may sound dumb but I really don't have a clue! Any extra tips for beginners would be great:)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Well I am pretty much clueless when it comes to anything about makeup, especially applying it so I have a few questions. Haha thanks in advance

These may sound dumb but I really don't have a clue! Any extra tips for beginners would be great:)

Contouring and highlighting is basically just using darker and lighter colors all over your face to make things appear differently. Look at Kim Kardashian with no makeup on and then look at her when she's made up for tv and you'll really see the contouring effects.

Yes definitely put on eyeliner after your shadow. If you are going for a really smoky look, you can put liner all over your lid as a base, then shadows, then use liner in a regular way to define the lash line.

Primer probably depends on what kind of product and your personal preferences, but I just use my fingers and that works fine for me.

If you really want to learn anything about makeup, look on YouTube. Lisa Eldridge, Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo, and Kandee Johnson are all professional makeup artists that also make videos explaining how to do certain looks and it's soooo helpful. There are also hundreds of other YouTube "beauty gurus" that do tutorials and review products if you're interested in that. YouTube has changed so much about my makeup and hair so for anyone getting more interested in beauty I'd really recommend looking on there.

The Fierce Board App!

If you really want to learn anything about makeup, look on YouTube. Lisa Eldridge, Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo, and Kandee Johnson are all professional makeup artists that also make videos explaining how to do certain looks and it's soooo helpful. There are also hundreds of other YouTube "beauty gurus" that do tutorials and review products if you're interested in that. YouTube has changed so much about my makeup and hair so for anyone getting more interested in beauty I'd really recommend looking on there.

The Fierce Board App!
Adding on to the list of beauty gurus on YouTube I really like ciaooobelllaxo and Casey Holmes! They're my favorite to watch :)

Okay, not makeup. But I bought the fake bake self tanner from ULTA and I just have to say it's actually amazing. You get instant color, it's not super messy OR orange and it smells like coconuts- not fake tanner. I seriously recommend it.. Especially to the cheerleaders who spray tan every competition. I just ordered some more on amazon and I think I payed $8 for it. It's worth it. Seriously go try it. I think I'm in love.

I know nothing about self tanning.... would you recommend the spray, lotion, or liquid? I'm so pale :(

Back