OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I know nothing about self tanning.... would you recommend the spray, lotion, or liquid? I'm so pale :(

I use the Fake Bake spray that comes with a little mitten to apply it. If you get that, follow the directions - wear a glove under the mitten (or your hand will stain) and wash the mitten between uses (leaves uneven streaks next time if you don't).

I'm horrible at applying self tanner but this one even I can do. The little mitten makes it sooooooooooo easy. This stuff is awesome.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ok so I know this has nothing to do with the type of make but! My uni(university or college) squads has black and gold uniforms and I can't find gold make up nor no matter how hard I try and play around I can't seem to get my eye shadow looking pretty - any tips? Or make up brand suggestions to get a real gold colour and not a yellow or bronze colour?

Ok so I know this has nothing to do with the type of make but! My uni(university or college) squads has black and gold uniforms and I can't find gold make up nor no matter how hard I try and play around I can't seem to get my eye shadow looking pretty - any tips? Or make up brand suggestions to get a real gold colour and not a yellow or bronze colour?

It's expensive, but you could try Too Faced Glitter Glue with the Sugarpill Goldilux pigment

The Fierce Board App!

I haven't checked in to see if they have a gold but I think the MAC pigments would be good. It's in a little tube container and they usually have them at Macy's for I want to say $15. If not, I would look into Urban Decay eyeshadows. An eyeshadow primer will help your shadow stay on longer and look more vibrant. I use Urban Decay in the shad "greed" which is gold tinted. And to get your makeup to look pretty I would look at Pinterest :) they have so many ideas!! I try to copy them all the time lol

There's these foil shadows at ulta that they have in gold I believe. I don't remember who makes them but I think they're new. But they're supposed to be shiny

Anyone have a long lasting lipstick they like? My lipstick always comes off at comps, like before we're even done with warmups. We use one called "Bing Cherry" which I thought was from fancy face but I don't see it on their site? It was in the royal blue and silver makeup kit. I am trying to find a lipstick that will stay and comes in a similar color. It's a deep red with a little bit of a pinkish hint. So I thought some of you would have some suggestions!

apply lip pencil in same/similiar color of the lipstick you want to wear, all over your lip then apply your lipstick. HTH

I just bought the Smashbox Halo Highlighting wand. Is it any good? I haven't used it yet, so if you all say it stinks, I'll return it.

Not really asking about a product, but if you sign up for emails at ulta.com/friends, they'll send you a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase to use online or in store from the 12th through the 18th :)

So I didn't get a chance to do my makeup at home before I left for a game tonight, so I took the makeup I was going to use. My Naked 2 palette that I bought with Christmas money was included in that. One girl asked about it because she'd heard good things about it and I told her a little bit. She then just up and uses the palette. Doesn't even ask if she can. Just picks up the brush and uses blackout with the small end. Normally I let her, because the rest of my makeup is drugstore, but this is one thing I've wanted for a while so I decided to splurge. Then later she picks it up and says "I'm just going to use the mirror in this." (notice again she doesn't ask) then I look over and she's using it again. I didn't say anything either time but I don't know what to do. I know if I ended here, I'd get a lot of responses saying "don't bring it next time." The problem with that is that I also play basketball so I get out of practice, have enough time to go home and change, get my stuff and go back to be there on time. (on time leaves enough time to finish getting ready if we haven't yet) I plan on using the palette a lot for games. I'm very against confrontation but I don't want her to keep using my makeup like it's her own. I don't know what I should say (or not say) next time she does something like this

Does anyone have a subscription to birch box? I'm thinking about getting one but I'm not sure... Opinions? Or do you have anything like it? I'm also looking at ipsy.

So I didn't get a chance to do my makeup at home before I left for a game tonight, so I took the makeup I was going to use. My Naked 2 palette that I bought with Christmas money was included in that. One girl asked about it because she'd heard good things about it and I told her a little bit. She then just up and uses the palette. Doesn't even ask if she can. Just picks up the brush and uses blackout with the small end. Normally I let her, because the rest of my makeup is drugstore, but this is one thing I've wanted for a while so I decided to splurge. Then later she picks it up and says "I'm just going to use the mirror in this." (notice again she doesn't ask) then I look over and she's using it again. I didn't say anything either time but I don't know what to do. I know if I ended here, I'd get a lot of responses saying "don't bring it next time." The problem with that is that I also play basketball so I get out of practice, have enough time to go home and change, get my stuff and go back to be there on time. (on time leaves enough time to finish getting ready if we haven't yet) I plan on using the palette a lot for games. I'm very against confrontation but I don't want her to keep using my makeup like it's her own. I don't know what I should say (or not say) next time she does something like this

Just ask the girl if she couldn't, nicely of course, and explain that it's from Christmas and you brought it with your own money. She should respect you as a friend and team mate enough to respect your wishes and explain to her that if she wants to use to ask you first, as you don't want it being broken anytime soon. Alternatively you could tell her you've had conjunctivitis and don't wanna spread the infection around to other people :-P

Back