OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It definitely depends which location you go to. I used to work there and the first girl we had I wouldn't recommend to anyone but the girl that was there when I left was amazing. Ask if she's working and have her do half of your face(she can't charge for that). If you like it, book the make up app lesson. Or else I would look into local salon reviews or beauty schools!

I use that trick! I love AG so maybe I'll look into that one too, they're just so expensive unless it's the liter sale!

Does anyone know anything about the Joico moisture recovery conditioner? I saw good reviews online but I'm always weary that someone was paid to write them lol
Like @retiredl5cheer said joico can build up. It's the only brand that has proven to actually get keratin inside the hair shaft, that's why it gets dry and brittle. My favourite is wella, it's all I use now! The colour brilliance line smells amazing.

Like @retiredl5cheer said joico can build up. It's the only brand that has proven to actually get keratin inside the hair shaft, that's why it gets dry and brittle. My favourite is wella, it's all I use now! The colour brilliance line smells amazing.
Okay thank you! I'm obsessed with Wella I don't know why I keep trying other things, especially the Rusk one I last tried. I've been getting my hair done by the same girl since I was 17 and the only thing I had changed last time was using the Wella conditioner and she said my hair had never felt healthier. But I have hair product ADD lol. Thanks for the tip about Joico, I'll just stick with my Wella!

Okay thank you! I'm obsessed with Wella I don't know why I keep trying other things, especially the Rusk one I last tried. I've been getting my hair done by the same girl since I was 17 and the only thing I had changed last time was using the Wella conditioner and she said my hair had never felt healthier. But I have hair product ADD lol. Thanks for the tip about Joico, I'll just stick with my Wella!
Where is Wella sold? I want to try something new.

**I promise I don't eat children and I am not gross looking**

Where is Wella sold? I want to try something new.

Ulta! Their brilliance line(red bottles) is heavenly. I have fine hair but a lot of it and highlights but the conditioner makes it feel so soft without weighing it down at all. It has a nice, light scent to it but it doesn't linger too much which I like. They also have it separated for fine hair and coarse hair. It's a little pricey but after experimenting with other things I can honestly say it's worth it. I mean it's not Pureology or AG expensive, but a little bit more than redken and obviously drug store hair brands. And when Ulta does their liter sale(it will probably be in January again) the liters are only 12.99 which is crazy amazing.

Benefit They're Real- anyone have any thoughts on it? I got it the other day and I'm not a fan of it, but maybe it's my eyelash curler being broken that isn't making my lashes look fantastic.

Benefit They're Real- anyone have any thoughts on it? I got it the other day and I'm not a fan of it, but maybe it's my eyelash curler being broken that isn't making my lashes look fantastic.
I got a little sample size and didn't like it either. Benefit roller lash I swear by though!!

Used to love it but feel like they changed something recently (like since adding all the colors)

I didn't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok -I need a good moisturizer. I started a retinol cream and now I look like a scaley/flakey mess. I use a facial oil already and that isn't doing it. Does anyone have experience with a retinol cream? Does it get better?

Ok -I need a good moisturizer. I started a retinol cream and now I look like a scaley/flakey mess. I use a facial oil already and that isn't doing it. Does anyone have experience with a retinol cream? Does it get better?
My mom had the same reaction to using retinol, it was awful. She uses Philosophy ultimate miracle worker as her moisturizer now and all of the dry skin and chapped areas went away. Anything reaaalllyy moisturizing and thick will help, Vanicream is a good less expensive option that you can get at Target.

@yooolizzi - it depends what you look for in a mascara. Sometimes I call it "glue for your lashes" haha. It can feel heavy and it's a pain to take off but if you want a lot of volume it can definitely give you that. I like IT cosmetics Hello Lashes better, it has the same wand style with the ball on the end and gives a really nice fluttery volume with one coat and falsies look in two coats but it doesn't feel as heavy on my lashes or take nearly as long to get off. I second the Roller Lash reply if you're looking for a lot of length and lift(especially since your curler is broken haha).

Get Roller Lash and you won't even need your curler! Seriously though I'm obsessed with it

Must be the age-- my 12 yo is the same way. I had a lady at Nordstrom color match her with Lancôme foundation but she now doesn't like the foundation-- and she still layers too much on at home. Is there an age where they stop caking it on?

I hope soon...because she has beautiful skin and does not need any of it!!! Honestly, I have always looked at it this way...she is an artist...a really talented amazing artist and I truly believe she looks at applying makeup as art...she is really good at it and people compliment her all the time. I just feel like it's hard for her to really see the color difference...partially because she has such a tan during the summer and that lighter foundation...yikes!!!

Too faced better than sex mascara is sent from heaven! I've repurchased multiple times!

Too faced better than sex mascara is sent from heaven! I've repurchased multiple times!

Same! My only complaint is that it sometimes can be clumpy. But I just scrape it against one side while pulling the wand out and its all good. I feel like I have tried every brand that Sephora carries, and this is the only one I have purchased more then 2x in a row.

I'm also not a huge fan of waterproof mascara, but recently needed to purchase one for my vacation. I didn't want to spend a lot, so I got the Sephora brand waterproof, I was really pleasantly surprised. I like my lashes a little fuller, so I probably wouldn't wear it every day, but it was nice. I don't like to look like I am wearing makeup at the pool, but also will not leave my room without mascara on, so this was a great compromise!

The only high end mascara I've used is UD perversion. I didn't like it at all. It would uncurl my lash every time and would dry super straight. I couldn't re-curl my lashes after it dried. I tried to curl it before it dried but it would curl funny. I got so frustrated with it one day I just threw it away. It was sample so no biggie.

Back