OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i really want to try the giorgio armani luminous silk foundation, but im trying to get over the price tag for it.... has anyone used it before.
im also wondering what kind of skin type its best for.

I presume you guys have body shop in America but try their darkening drops they are AMAZING I've been adding them to my foundation throughout the summer as I've been getting more tanned it's amazing!

I presume you guys have body shop in America but try their darkening drops they are AMAZING I've been adding them to my foundation throughout the summer as I've been getting more tanned it's amazing!
I'm in Thailand right now and everything is about skin lightening. Many of the moisturizers in the stores have skin "whitening" ingredients. The difference in cultures is amazing.

That was the one thing I felt super uncomfortable about when in Thailand... the whitening culture of south east Asia is very prominent. Not only are whitening creams easier to find than normal sun block, all of the ads show a very whitewashed ideal - I never once saw a Thai person that fair or with eyes that light. I did laugh to see the Japanese tourists with their parasols come up to me and take pictures with me - forget the incredible reclining Buddha, let's take a picture with the black girl with the British accent [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

That was the one thing I felt super uncomfortable about when in Thailand... the whitening culture of south east Asia is very prominent. Not only are whitening creams easier to find than normal sun block, all of the ads show a very whitewashed ideal - I never once saw a Thai person that fair or with eyes that light. I did laugh to see the Japanese tourists with their parasols come up to me and take pictures with me - forget the incredible reclining Buddha, let's take a picture with the black girl with the British accent [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Yeah I had a (black) friend that taught English in Asian countries and the kids would yell "monster" and run away from her

I also have a friend that is Chinese and from what she tells me she's very tan for a Chinese person, and when she went to visit family in China they essentially accused her of not being Chinese.....and Chinese people here accuse her of being mixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I had a (black) friend that taught English in Asian countries and the kids would yell "monster" and run away from her

I also have a friend that is Chinese and from what she tells me she's very tan for a Chinese person, and when she went to visit family in China they essentially accused her of not being Chinese.....and Chinese people here accuse her of being mixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many of the Asian women here cover themselves head to toe even in the pool so as not to get any sun on their skin. Long sleeved rash guards, hats, huge sunglasses. When we were in Hong Kong most women carried an umbrella but it was beastly hot as well so it made sense to bring along the shade. I wish I didn't feel "healthier" with a tan but I do.

i really want to try the giorgio armani luminous silk foundation, but im trying to get over the price tag for it.... has anyone used it before.
I have this and I really like it. My skin is mostly dry but can be combo and it does stay on well. The lady who sold it to me said not to use a brush so I. Use. Beauty blender and I alwayd get compliments on my skin. However it is so expensive so when I run out I might try somthing else

I have dry combination skin, rarely get spots, but this broke me out like crazy. Not surface spots either - the painful under the skin ones. Loved the look and the coverage.. but that put me off ever buying it again.

I have oily skin and tried a sample and took it off like 20 minutes later because it looked so funky. It sat on my skin really strange and made my Lancôme dual finish cake up on top and I've never had that issue with any other foundation:/

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I have dry combination skin, rarely get spots, but this broke me out like crazy. Not surface spots either - the painful under the skin ones. Loved the look and the coverage.. but that put me off ever buying it again.

Not related, but your user name shows up on my phone as "howdyoulikemen". It made me laugh.

now that i have safely ordered mine :) the highly out of stock morphe 35O palette is back in stock currently if anyone else has been obsessively stalking the site for it to finally come back in.

Back