OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I'd like to get the scoop and y'all's opinion. Lancôme makeup ? I just started working there and I really don't know much about it. Their target market seems to be older and that's pretty consistent..I've tried their mascara and the formula was really clumpy on me.

Anyone have any favorites and why? :)

Bs connoisseur :)

I worked for them for years. Also Lauder. I still use Lauder skincare and lancome make-up. Actually I was supposed to go to their Alex Sanchez thing today, but had a migraine and missed it. I'm older than everyone else in this thread, so I am their target market. You're definitely right about that - they don't target anyone under 30-35 at all, and really I think they're more of a 40+ brand.

But anyway... favorites from lancome:

Mascara - Definicils. Hands down. I've tried every one they have and find them all to be clumpy (have not tried the new one, probably won't, since I've been using definicils for 20 years and love it). I tried using cheaper brands, but I always go back.

Eyeshadow - I love their color focus (ETA I think it's called color design now?) shadows. The color is really true and they stay on. It's the only eyeshadow I buy consistently.

Foundation - I don't usually buy theirs, but right now I just bought the Teint Idole - forgot how much I love it.

Lipstick - I'm not super picky about lipstick but I do like theirs (I don't buy it ever - but the ones in the gwp's are always nice)
Juicy Tubes lipgloss. Learn it. Live it. Love it. You will sell truckloads of it. Raspberry Ice - I buy it in bulk, and used to sell it to every person that came to the counter. It looks good on EVERYONE.

Blush - miel Glace. Looks good on everyone, they've had it for hundreds of years. I still use it.

Skincare:
(like I said - I use Lauder right now, but have used lancome plenty)

Absolue. If I could afford that oleo serum stuff, I'd bathe in it. That. Stuff. Is. Gold. I would literally swim in pools of it, but I don't have that kind of dough - I can't even afford drops of it for my face. :( I have super oily skin, and I'm over 40. It feels oily when you first touch it, but it WORKS. Even on oily skin.

They change their stuff all the time, so I'm not super familiar with all of it right now, but my sister loves that Visionnaire - she buys it a lot.

Basically this:
-If the lady looks 40 or younger, she'll love Genefique and Renergie stuff.
-If she's over 40, Absolue is actually worth the money. I don't work for them now, so you can believe me. :p
-Visionnaire is great for everyone.

OK... Sorry this was a mile long - but lancome is my heart! I hope you love working for them!

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the tangle teezer? I am interested in it

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Buy it immediately. It will change your life. I have thick hair and a big head so I have a lottttt of hair and it has made my hair so much more manageable. Gross to admit, but I went through a phase of wearing messy buns every day just because it was too much work for me to brush my hair. Thankfully I don't have to do that anymore :). It's seriously so incredible. It's usually cheaper on Amazon than it is at Sally's.

So I get a really good employee discount this week & I'm blowing my paycheck at Sephora. I'm looking into some things and figured this would be a great place to ask. I usually stick to Urban Decay but I want to go outside of my box haha.

Smashbox Step By Step Contour Kit
Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss in Rosette
Too Faced Cause A Scandal Set (Boudoir Eyes Pallette, Better Than Sex mascara, Shadow Insurance & 3 Way Lash Lining tool)
Benefit They're Real! Push Up Liner

I'm the most skeptical about the Smashbox contour kit. I love contouring- but I've never used anything Smashbox and my favorite bronzer is only $20 compared to this, which is $45.

We have an Ulta near my school and I think I'm going to adopt them as my new brow place...
Anyone have experiences with the Benefit brow bar that they want to share?

We have an Ulta near my school and I think I'm going to adopt them as my new brow place...
I'm jealous...the ulta by me doesn't have one

If anyone is looking for a new mascara Lancôme has a new one called grandiose and it's actually really good! My eyelashes never really look full and I tried it today and was really surprised. I tried 2 Lancôme mascaras before and didn't like them. Made my eyelashes clumpy. But the wand for this new one is cool and makes sense. It's bent so that you can properly shimmy and wiggle the wand to apply the mascara on your lashes really well! Allows you to get right in there! I'm more of a MAC mascara or benefit bad gal but realllyyyy like this one!

I worked for them for years. Also Lauder. I still use Lauder skincare and lancome make-up. Actually I was supposed to go to their Alex Sanchez thing today, but had a migraine and missed it. I'm older than everyone else in this thread, so I am their target market. You're definitely right about that - they don't target anyone under 30-35 at all, and really I think they're more of a 40+ brand.

But anyway... favorites from lancome:

Mascara - Definicils. Hands down. I've tried every one they have and find them all to be clumpy (have not tried the new one, probably won't, since I've been using definicils for 20 years and love it). I tried using cheaper brands, but I always go back.

Eyeshadow - I love their color focus (ETA I think it's called color design now?) shadows. The color is really true and they stay on. It's the only eyeshadow I buy consistently.

Foundation - I don't usually buy theirs, but right now I just bought the Teint Idole - forgot how much I love it.

Lipstick - I'm not super picky about lipstick but I do like theirs (I don't buy it ever - but the ones in the gwp's are always nice)
Juicy Tubes lipgloss. Learn it. Live it. Love it. You will sell truckloads of it. Raspberry Ice - I buy it in bulk, and used to sell it to every person that came to the counter. It looks good on EVERYONE.

Blush - miel Glace. Looks good on everyone, they've had it for hundreds of years. I still use it.

Skincare:
(like I said - I use Lauder right now, but have used lancome plenty)

Absolue. If I could afford that oleo serum stuff, I'd bathe in it. That. Stuff. Is. Gold. I would literally swim in pools of it, but I don't have that kind of dough - I can't even afford drops of it for my face. :( I have super oily skin, and I'm over 40. It feels oily when you first touch it, but it WORKS. Even on oily skin.

They change their stuff all the time, so I'm not super familiar with all of it right now, but my sister loves that Visionnaire - she buys it a lot.

Basically this:
-If the lady looks 40 or younger, she'll love Genefique and Renergie stuff.
-If she's over 40, Absolue is actually worth the money. I don't work for them now, so you can believe me. :p
-Visionnaire is great for everyone.

OK... Sorry this was a mile long - but lancome is my heart! I hope you love
working for them!

So my first day was a bit overwhelming because there are a lot of products but today was a lot better! I actually sold stuff today as kinda knew where stuff was. Tomorrow is a doozy we have 8 ladies coming in for makeup and presale stud. I like the genefique trying their night cream tonight and it's pretty good. I actually tried te grandiose and really like it!! Made my lashes look great and usually I don't like Lancôme mascara. I've tried a few and it was the same for me clumpy.

I've tried juicy tubes before and really like them. I didn't dare any on display though so maybe they're discontinued. I do like a few of he reshape a so far. Haven't tried any of the lipstick yet though or the blushes. I tried a bronzer and liked it. It stinks we don't get a discount. I work under Lancôme but also Hudson's bay company and we only get discount if we have the company CC and I'm not getting and more credit products! Not that I probably can since I owe student loans and visa lol

I have basic training and then fall/winter seminar I think it is or something like that for all Lancôme employees. So, I'm excited to get some stuff to try out at home. And you're right that absolue stuff feels SO nice but the price plus tax is my car payment :/

that's where I got mine done and I was happy. They were nice and made sure I liked the shape and stuff like that and then covered it with concealer. I just liked it because I trusted they wouldn't make them too thin.

Ugh I wish we had ulta here!! We have Sally beauty but the prices aren't as good. I have professional discount so it's a bit easier on my wallet but still. They don't have really good makeup or anything to write home about...I only ever really go there for hair dye and hair products. And now they don't even carry batiste anymore ...sucks.

Back