High School High School Competition Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 14, 2010
Just wondering what competition season is like for other high school teams. Do you go to Nationals? Does your state restrict the number of competitions your team can attend? How long does your competition season last?

for NY it all depends on what the schools budget is. I budget normally for about 8 competitions but they normally let us go to more because the competitions are really cheap around here ($10-$15 per person) Last season I took them to 10 competitions. The team I coach hasn't gone to nationals yet but we are trying for it this season. Other schools around my area def go tho. Competition season starts from November to End of March.

for NY it all depends on what the schools budget is. I budget normally for about 8 competitions but they normally let us go to more because the competitions are really cheap around here ($10-$15 per person) Last season I took them to 10 competitions. The team I coach hasn't gone to nationals yet but we are trying for it this season. Other schools around my area def go tho. Competition season starts from November to End of March.
wow 10 competitions?! thats a lot i wish we did that many. i am from NY also and we went to 4 local competitions and then we went to naionals. we do 1 competition in October for fall season and then our winter season is January-march

wow 10 competitions?! thats a lot i wish we did that many. i am from NY also and we went to 4 local competitions and then we went to naionals. we do 1 competition in October for fall season and then our winter season is January-march

Which town in NY and which level? I coach at Albany High School. I take them to alot because I want them to have all the opportunities to have that fun at competition plus give them the experience of many different ones. I'm really hoping to take them to a nationals this year but I'm not sure which one.

Which town in NY and which level? I coach at Albany High School. I take them to alot because I want them to have all the opportunities to have that fun at competition plus give them the experience of many different ones. I'm really hoping to take them to a nationals this year but I'm not sure which one.
im from fairport, it is in Rochester. i would have gone to albany high school if i hadnt moved away! we are VERY advanced compared to most of the teams around us we have gone undefeated the past 2 years. nationals is such an amazing experience, i hope that you will be able to bring your team!!

im from fairport, it is in Rochester. i would have gone to albany high school if i hadnt moved away! we are VERY advanced compared to most of the teams around us we have gone undefeated the past 2 years. nationals is such an amazing experience, i hope that you will be able to bring your team!!

That's too funny, its a small world. Thats really good to hear your team does that well. I love knowing that NY has some great high school programs and not just All stars. What nationals do you normally go to?

That's too funny, its a small world. Thats really good to hear your team does that well. I love knowing that NY has some great high school programs and not just All stars. What nationals do you normally go to?
the past 2 years we have gone to American championship events. one was in Orlando and the other in Baltimore. they were great! we had some great competition there and it was very well run. we loved it! before that we went to cheersport and that was AMAZING we couldn't go the past 2 years because of conflicts with other local competitions.

the past 2 years we have gone to American championship events. one was in Orlando and the other in Baltimore. they were great! we had some great competition there and it was very well run. we loved it! before that we went to cheersport and that was AMAZING we couldn't go the past 2 years because of conflicts with other local competitions.

Some people suggested Cheersport to me good to know that its great. Thanks :)

Im from Illinois and we're allowed 5 competitions. 1 of them being our conference meet. But that doesn't include sectionals or state. Actually i'm not sure, it might include sectionals. haha Our competition season generally lasts from the beginning of December to the end of February. I'm pretty sure we're allowed to go to Nationals considering our dance team does every year. We just choose to focus on State.

In Idaho we are allowed 4 competitions + Regionals and State. Most of our teams go to one other either UCA, NCA or USA for a nationals

I go to high school in Maryland. In my county ( Anne Arundel County, South River High School) you are allowed to attend an Invitational competition from any high school in Maryland. Invitationals must be put on by another high school, not a competition program. Usually my team does about 2 or 3 and this is before our county competition. We then have Counties, a competition with the 12 others high schools in our county. The top 3 teams move on to Regionals. Regionals is comprised of 3 districts with 9 teams. The top 4 teams at Regionals move on to States. At States there are 12 teams and this is where our competition season ends. It sounds really confusing I know but all in all we have about 6 competitions for Fall season assuming we make it to Regionals and States (which we did this year). In Winter season we do about 5 comps (2 Invitationals and then Counties, Regionals, and States, again assuming we make it past counties which we also did this season).
Competition season for Fall cheerleading starts in August and goes until Novemeber then Winter cheerleading starts in December and ends in February. Both are competition seasons.
My county, and most counties in Maryland consider cheerleading a part of the Athletic Department therefore we cannot go to a national competition or anything put on by a competition company, only events put on by other high schools. There is one county in MD that I know of (PG county) that does not consider cheerleading a sport, but rather a club, therefore they can go to any competion they want.

I go to high school in Maryland. In my county ( Anne Arundel County, South River High School) you are allowed to attend an Invitational competition from any high school in Maryland. Invitationals must be put on by another high school, not a competition program. Usually my team does about 2 or 3 and this is before our county competition. We then have Counties, a competition with the 12 others high schools in our county. The top 3 teams move on to Regionals. Regionals is comprised of 3 districts with 9 teams. The top 4 teams at Regionals move on to States. At States there are 12 teams and this is where our competition season ends. It sounds really confusing I know but all in all we have about 6 competitions for Fall season assuming we make it to Regionals and States (which we did this year). In Winter season we do about 5 comps (2 Invitationals and then Counties, Regionals, and States, again assuming we make it past counties which we also did this season).
Competition season for Fall cheerleading starts in August and goes until Novemeber then Winter cheerleading starts in December and ends in February. Both are competition seasons.
My county, and most counties in Maryland consider cheerleading a part of the Athletic Department therefore we cannot go to a national competition or anything put on by a competition company, only events put on by other high schools. There is one county in MD that I know of (PG county) that does not consider cheerleading a sport, but rather a club, therefore they can go to any competion they want.
The school I coach at considers cheerleading as a sport and they still give us the option to go to whatever competitions we want as long as the school has the money for it. But also we don't have the whole regionals and states here.

Just wondering what competition season is like for other high school teams. Do you go to Nationals? Does your state restrict the number of competitions your team can attend? How long does your competition season last?

Kentucky - state restricts to 3 competitions per year (regionals & nationals of the same company count as 1) We compete at 3 Nationals per year. Our competition season is Dec-Mar.

In New Hampshire we don't get to go to nationals :-(. Which is really disapointing because the state has some teams that would give the rest of the nation a run for their money. In NH we are considered a sport and only comps that have been sanctioned by the NHIAA are the ones we can attend.

Back