High School High School Competition Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Cheer=NoFear and @mariahnicole1216 I do not think Illinois schools that are a part of IHSA are allowed to travel outside of the state for competitions. I may be wrong on this but I think this is the rule. The reason you have had your dance team go to nationals is because Dance wasn't previously recognized as an IHSA sport. I think they are becoming IHSA this year(not sure not to informed about dance). There are teams that do not compete in IHSA competitions and only compete at competition not affiliated with IHSA. I think St. Rita is one of the schools that does this.
Carl Sandburg definatly went to NCA Nationals in 2007 and 2008, i believe were the years. But that was a while ago and the rule could have changed for all I know.

IHSA cheer is very new as you know. But there was IHSA at that point. Sandburg may not have been IHSA then. I just spoke with the head coach of my school today and she said as far as she knows ihsa schools aren't allowed to travel outside the state.

IHSA cheer is very new as you know. But there was IHSA at that point. Sandburg may not have been IHSA then. I just spoke with the head coach of my school today and she said as far as she knows ihsa schools aren't allowed to travel outside the state.

Many ihsa teams go to jamfest in Indy, So yes they are allowed to travel out of state. They went in 2011 also so there is currently no rule that says you can't.

at my school varsity can go to national as long as they quailfy, jv does not get to go to nationals: although my freshman year jv did becasuae as a team we were good enough.

we usually do 4 regular competitions at my school, not including UCA nationals in Orlando. Tennesseee!
and JV teams are not allowed to compete.
JV teams in Tennessee can compete. Maybe you're school doesn't allow it for some reason.

Wow, 10 competitions is crazy! I am from California and my squad usually goes to about 5 a year - 3 regional competitions, state, and nationals. This year Varsity will be attending 5 and JV 4 because our JV is so brand new they won't be ready for Santa Cruz in September. Other schools around here dont even go to that many though, some schools just focus on qualifying for nationals and as soon as they do they are done until then. We like to get them lots of practice before the big ones :)

In NY we don't have state regulation on the number of competitions, but in Long Island most teams compete through LICCA (Long Island Cheerleading Coaches Association). Most schools do around 2-6 competitions, LICCA or other, and then LICCA finals and UCA Regionals. Then if you get a bid at UCA Regionals you can go to UCA Nationals.

I'm in NY- at my school our JV and varsity go to about 5-10 local competitions a year, and we go to 1 UCA Regionals in December and then, if we get a bid at Regionals, we go to UCA nationals (both our JV and varsity are going this year because both won bids). This is the same for most other schools in my area--westchester county

In Florida we are required to do 4 or more competitions and participate in the fhsaa regional and state competitions....it's kinda annoying to be required to compete

In WI we don't have a limit on number of competitions. We are going to 7 competitions this year (was 8 but one was canceled), including UCA nationals. We go to 2 out of state comps a year, nationals & mall of america. You have to qualifiy for State at regionals, I think they take the top 3 teams in each divison? There is a Northern regional & a southern one. I think thats about it:)

Back